The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ctrmrz31

Advertising on the Radio

Hey everybody!

I have ran across a good deal on some air time on some local radio stations and I am planning on running something like this to attract motivated sellers: "Do you want to sell your house fast at no charge to you? Then call Cruz at: xxx-xxx-xxxx Cruz can take care of all the details of selling your house fast or he can show you how you can do it yourself using a Lease Purchase Agreement. For more info. call cruz today at no obligation or charge to you xxx-xxx-xxxx."

What do you guys think? Does anybody have any suggestions? Please do feel free to enlight me.

Cruz or Brandon

I spoke with the sales executive about how to word my ad, but she just said that my ad sounded good and to the point. I still have a chance to change it if I change my mind, but for now they will start the paper work.

If anybody has any suggestions please feel free to make those known now to give me an idea what everybody else would do.

Cruz or Brandon

Cruz,

How about using "Mr. Cruz", or "Mr. Xxxx" or on the humorous side

We can help you "Cruz" though the process of selling your house

Tony is not a marketing expert and you should take his opinion for just that an opinion

I guess we don't have too many suggestions when it comes to radio ads? I guess I will just wing it and advise my fellow naked investors on well it works. Till then, up, up, and away!

cruz or brandon

Cruz, although I've been told that with my face,( :ph34r:), I'm perfect for radio, I can't answer your question from personal experience. I have never run a radio spot, nor have I thought of doing so.

That said, it sure doesn't mean it isn't an idea worth trying. Only experience can tell you what works for you and what doesn't. If it's in your budget and you believe it's worth the cost to try, go for it. And by all means let us know how effective it is.

Hello Michael! I kind of figured that not too many people on this forum have had much experience with radio ads, I will definately let you guys know how well it works. I ran into a deal by accident. I work in a big building that has five radio stations in it, all owned by Clear Channel. I have been wondering how much it would cost to get some air time, so I asked and it was way too expensive, so I just never thought about it anymore. One day the receptionist gave me the idea to go directly to the General Manager and ask for a good deal. Well, it just so happens that I do work for her all the time and she agreed to trade air time for labor. I was so excited! I never would of have known if I had never gone to her with this request.

I will keep you guys posted. Did my spill sound okay guys? Someone told me it sounded like a Realtor, Does it?

Cruz or Brandon

My spots will be either 30 or 60 seconds(my choice) 3 times day, 3 days a week for 2 weeks on 3 different stations. I am so excited to see if I get flooded with calls.

I am keeping my ads in the paper two more weeks to see if they pick up. I have only received a few calls from them in two weeks. My signs have only generated a few calls as well, but I don't have enough of those in good areas to really make a difference. It's hard chasing down the right city people to get permission to put up my signs, so, I just got permission from owners of properties in good areas.

Cruz or Brandon

Cruz,

I put up my signs in the busiest intersections in the areas where I want to buy or have houses to fill.

The sign police are really bad so I put them up on Friday night and take them down on Sunday night. Sign police don't work on weekends! If I were to put them up through the week they would last 1 day at the most.

They are nailed to wooden stakes so they are pretty easy to put up and take down. I put out about 15 - 20 each weekend. I lose about 2 or 3 each weekend so for the most part I am reusing the same signs over and over.

If I were to put them up through the week they would last 1 day at the most.

I guess I am luckey I have some signs that have been up 3 month ;)

Hello Mark!

Thanks for the advice. That is a good idea. I never thought about why those garage sale signs stay up all weekend and they place them everywhere. Sometimes, I even notice signs up for weeks. I might go ahead and get some cheap signs together and put them up all over town and if they don't like it they can take them down, but of course, I will beat them to it.

Cruz or Brandon

What do you guys think of this for a Radio ad?: "We have buyers for your house, all types and sizes. If you need to sell your house fast, then call us today at xxx-xxx-xxxx. There are no commissions to pay, we are not Realtors, There are no closing cost, buyer pays all, there are no obligations on your part. Simply call Cruz today at: xxx-xxx-xxxx again xxx-xxx-xxxx. Tenemos compradores para su casa de todos clases, si queres vender su casa rapido, sin pagar, llamele a Cruz hoy xxx-xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx"

That last part is in spanish, I thought since I am hispanic I could probably get the bulk of the hispanic deals because we can communicate better.

Tell me what you guys think?

Cruz or Brandon

p.s. My ads start monday 3 times a day, 7 days a week, on 3 different stations for a whole month. I am giving $600.00 in service trade for this air time.

A couple things, C or B. First, the bilingual angle is a good one. Take advantage of your ability to speak more than one language and reach a larger audience.

Somewhat of a concern to me is you will be saying that you have buyers for houses, but also that you are not a Realtor. While this doesn't ruffle my feathers, do you think a local Realtor might say "Who is this guy and what is he doing?"

Probably not, but something worth considering, in my estimation. Perhaps you can say "We buy houses...", rather than "We have buyers for your house...." Just a thought.

Finally, the best answer to all your questions regarding the radio spots: experience answers all. You'll know a heck of a lot more about this stuff once you try. Run the spots, keep careful tabs on the results and feedback, and then we go from there. It will be very interesting to see how all this pans out. I've got my shortwave radio on right now, waiting to pick up your voice.

Hey Michael!

You are right about the wording of my ad. I was just thinking about how that would sound and had been asking around for advice. Today is my deadline to turn in my ad and I was feeling nervous about it because of the whole Real Estate Commission thing. Any local Realtor would love to set the dogs on me, because they hate the competition and I would hate to get into trouble. So yes I will change it to "We buy houses!" Thanks Michael! You came through at just the right moment.

Cruz or Brandon