The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ctrmrz31

Advertising on the Radio

Hi C or B

My experience with radio advertising (in a different biz, not RE) is repetition.

Is there a way to run all of your ads on only 1 radio station? I believe a person needs to hear something 27 times in order for them to get the message. I would pick the one station that you believe hits your target audience and try to get all of the radio spots aired on that one station during the week.

I would also try to use key phrases from your radio ad in any print ads (flyers, classifieds, brochures, etc.) to reinforce your message. So, if someone reads one of your flyers they'll be thinking "Oh, yeah, these are the people I heard on the radio."

Constant repetition and reinforcement of your message.

Good luck. I'd love to hear what the response is.

Summer :(

Is it hot in here or is it just Summer?:) I know corny humor, but what the heck I am Texan. Hee! :(

You are right Summer. My sales executive that handled my air time suggested I use one station and just jam pack my spot 3 to 4 times a day, 5 days a week for a month. And that's exactly what I did, they start airing Monday.

I will most assuredly be reporting the results just in case someone wants to spend $500.00 on some radio ads. Of course I didn't have to spend that because I am sure you have read how I lucked up on this deal.

Thanks all for the replies and for the help.

Cruz or Brandon

I believe a person needs to hear something 27 times in order for them to get the message.
As a father of a teen daughter, I can assure you that is true!

Hi C or B

My experience with radio advertising (in a different biz, not RE) is repetition.

Is there a way to run all of your ads on only 1 radio station? I believe a person needs to hear something 27 times in order for them to get the message. I would pick the one station that you believe hits your target audience and try to get all of the radio spots aired on that one station during the week.

I would also try to use key phrases from your radio ad in any print ads (flyers, classifieds, brochures, etc.) to reinforce your message. So, if someone reads one of your flyers they'll be thinking "Oh, yeah, these are the people I heard on the radio."

Constant repetition and reinforcement of your message.

Good luck. I'd love to hear what the response is.

Summer ;)

I am using the same wording on my flyers, double business cards, and radio ads. I think it is a good practice.

Lydia

I too am gearing up for a radio campaign. Looking over the posts, I think Summer hit on a key---"target audience." :o Which, of course caused my dull legal brain to ask: "Can a "typical" seller be described?" By that I mean sex, age range, economic situation, etc....or are there a couple typical groupings of people in our target audience?

If we had somewhat of a handle on this then radio buys would be more efficient and probably cheaper. What a concept! ;)

What do you folks think?

Thanks!

Mike P. B)

The Legal Eagle

PS--I know we're going into areas where MC has not yet ventured...maybe he'll have to start a "Radio Marketing" forum... :)

pinkerton,

"Can a "typical" seller be described?" By that I mean sex, age range, economic situation, etc....?

I don't think so BUT, the demographics of your target area could be described. You just need to find them out and plug into the right radio station.

"Can a "typical" seller be described?" By that I mean sex
I'll venture a guess and say that, yes, sellers have sex. :oB):);)

Ahem.......Mike, I think your target audience can't be identified in terms of age, gender, income, etc. I believe your, (our), target audience is the homeowner who needs debt relief. That is, someone who needs that mortgage payment off their back. This is the guy who is going to respond to your marketing. And that person can be any age, gender, income bracket, etc.