The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
puls1234

Classified Ad strategy

Here is a little suggestion for everyone when running your classified ads looking for homeowners or tenant buyers. Before any word in your ad start the ad off with an asterisk. The reason is because papers classify ads by symbols then numbers then letters in that order. So if your ad starts with an asterisk or an exclamation point you will be the first ad in your category or one of the first few ads which means more eyeballs will hit your ad! Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! I will try it out and see if it works here in the wild, wild, west.

I will let everybody know the results.

Brandon or Cruz

In my market you are not allowed to use symbols to start an ad, so we use AAA to begin with instead.. if there is already an AAA just add an A or 2 ;)

Mike

:ph34r:

Folks,

I recently placed an ad in the major Sacramento California paper and they're hip to the techniques discussed to get your ad higher--or first. They go strictly by alphabetical order...but I tried! :D

Mike p. ;)

The Legal Eagle

Folks,

I recently placed an ad in the major Sacramento California paper and they're hip to the techniques discussed to get your ad higher--or first.  They go strictly by alphabetical order...but I tried! :wub:

Mike p. :wacko:

The Legal Eagle

Of course, Mike. Everything about you Left Coast people is "Hip".

I tried the same trick here in St. Louis this weekend. It will sort of work.

Turns out, they rank the order of the ads based on the number of lines in the ad first, and then by alpha.

So, here money buys your placement. :wacko: