The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
julesjim

Targeting landlord/seller

Hello again,

Quick question this time. I want to place an ad to attract landlord/sellers in a newspaper. The only thing is the newspaper covers several states and has a circulation of at least 2,000,000. Should I put something in the ad that designates a certain area or should I leave it general and tell the sellers when they call whether I can do their area or not or, lastly, should I only advertise in a small area in smaller or independent newspapers with a lot less circulation, i.e. only one or a few towns/cities?

Thank you again,

Jim

Hi, Jim. Are you prepared to do business in distant locales? Other states? If so, it could be a good idea to market to such a large area.

But, if you are starting out and wanting to begin locally, you should probably market to the local market. It's more manageable, and more affordable. How expensive is the large newspaper versus the local one?