The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
puls1234

Directional Signs

I have found directional signs to be helpful but the problem is that they are too easily stolen by the "neighborhood watch" police (LOL) or taken by kids. I have found that they are gone in a matter of days.... Anyone else have this experience?

I put out around 15 - 20 signs each weekend. Out on Friday night and pick back up on Sun night.

Doing it this way I lose about 3 each weekend. So, in a month I have to replace 12 signs....that's about $30 per month.

From these signs I average around 10 calls per week. That's around 40 in a month. That comes out to $0.75 per lead. That's cheap marketing!

This is for finding tenant-buyers for my database.

I do mostly direct mail & flyers for finding sellers. The newspaper to too expensive here in St. Louis. About $750/mth for a simple calssified ad to run every day.

Hope this helps.

puls1234, bandit signs are generally short lived. What you're experiencing is pretty much the norm. That's why some take the time to manufacturer their own in an effort to save a few dollars along the way.

Like Mark said, though, overall the cost is efficient when you view it long term. And if you get a lead that turns into a deal just once, you've paid for many, many signs for quite a long while. Consider 'em an investment in your business.

You can also try covering 'em with grease or electrifying them. Stand by quietly in some nearby shrubs and watch the fun. That's gotta be worth the cost of the sign :( .

Or try getting some of that spray glue, coat the sign and lightly season with ground up glass...Just kidding crushed is fine