The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Rachel

? about real estate closing

Guest Rachel

:blink: We are selling some land and I guess this sounds like a dumb question. Every time we have ever bought or sold any property, the seller received a check in full at the time of signing the closing papers.

This lawyer and credit union (for the buyers) is telling us we will have to sign all the final papers and it will be about a week before we get the actual check. Is this normal?

Hi, Rachel. Yes, it is not unusual that the seller does not receive their money for several days to a week. The lenders/attorneys often wants to be certain that all the paperwork is in order, etc. It's nothing to be concerned about.

Guest Rachel
:blink: Thank you, MichaelC, for taking the time to respond. I appreciate your input.

Hello Rachel-

It is normal here in NC. The state past a law a couple of years ago, where the closing attorney has to record all the paper work down at the courthouse before distributing the funds. Usually takes a couple days.

What are you planing to do after selling your land? If I might ask?

Good Luck

<Steve> :lol: