The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Reminder to Take Pictures

With the number of deals that have been going down lately, I want to remind all of you that it is important to take a picture of the property and begin keeping a book of done deals.

I've been doing this for years. Once I have the deal I photograph the property. I paste the pic onto a sheet of standard printer paper. Then, I record the property address, homeowner's name and number, and some details involved in the deal.

For example, if it is a Cooperative Assignment, I'll note the option money collected, the monthly rent/rent credit, length of lease, and the Days on Market to find a tenant/buyer.

I slip this into a clear sleeve, and then insert this into a basic three ring binder. Put a few of these deals together and you can start to carry your "portfolio book" around with you. It's always impressive to the homeowner you are presently speaking with. It lets them know you are a knowledgeable and experienced professional. Seeing your book usually precludes the need to ask for references. If they do still want references, I tell 'em to help themselves. It's very reassuring to the homeowner.

Michael,

This is a great idea and I already have the first 2 homes that I am doing a cooperative assignment put into my Portfolio Book. As I find the tenant buyers I will fill in the details. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Yes, I totally agree, Michael. My partner & I have really been working on our presentation. We have started getting referral letters from our sellers and tenant/buyers just as protocol now.

Angela