The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BillVargas

Marketing to Real Estate Agents

I came across the following letter which speaks to real estate agents of the value we can bring to them. I quite frankly don't understand it. Can you take a look and "Help Me Learn' about the concept this fellow is pursuing.

Dear Real Estate Sales Pro:

My name is Derrick Ali, I am a real state investor located in Jackson Michigan. And if you give me just a moment of your time, I’d like to offer you a no cost method for obtaining a new listing or two each month.

Currently I am looking for an agent who knows and understands what I do. By working closely together we can obtain & close RE transactions much quicker than your competition currently is.

I exclusively concentrate my investing on pre-foreclosure homes; although this is profitable I am looking to expand efforts to expired listings. I am certain you are ware of the problems Brokers/Agents face cold calling these expirees due to the limitations and laws enacted by the “DO-NOT-CALL List.”

And THAT IS WERE I MAY BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU THE MOST… in that I can do a the necessary research, follow-up and appointment setting, etc. all above board and without complicated RESPA, HUD, or FTC violations.

I am in search of working with an agent who wants me as a client because I can show them exactly how they can profit from our relationship. I am a client that this will produce a significant income for the RE Agents I work with.

To begin I would like to gain an hour or so of your time (Phone? Email? Meet Me?) in order to explain a little about how I acquire ownership interest in the properties you will have listed (via a Land Trust) and exactly why I’d like YOU to list them for the seller and me?

I am proposing that in exchange for a weekly list of freshly expired listings, I may be able to obtain for YOU a steady flow of new listings n return. Again, this is all above board and with no RESPA, HUD, or FTC complications.

Whenever I do get an appointment with someone whose listing recently expired, I present the owner with a 2-Pronged approach to re-market his or her house.

I encourage them to re-list their home with another agent (YOU) to market it to "A" credit buyers (someone who can qualify for a loan) and at the same time let ME market it to "B-D” credit buyers with a Land Trust.

This approach will reach many more potential buyers than when it was just listed. To top things off YOU get a new listing!!!

Although I simply tell them that they can list it with any agent they choose, I don't care (but I really do) however, MY AGENT and I work together on these type of arrangements in order to help people sell their house more quickly (whether “A” Credit or Land Trust.)

Also I tell them that if they list it with anyone else there is a good chance that agent wouldn't understand what I’m attempting to accomplish and there would not be any synergy.

By having 2 people working together (My Agent and I) you’ll have a much more effective and faster way of selling your home than two working independently, blah, blah, blah....

If they are truly motivated to sell (and that’s the key!) this approach makes much more since that what anyone else is suggesting.

I obtain a non-exclusive option to buy the home and YOU GET THE LISTING AGREEMENT at the same time.

May the best person win!

If this truly interests you, and you’d like to learn more about how to obtain a new listing or two every month simply by faxing or emailing me a list of fresh expirees, then please contact me right away to formally arrange our business relationship.

REMEMBER: I make all of the cold calling, co-marketing appointments, etc., at ABSOLUTELY NO RISK TO YOU Nor Your BROKER.

Once again I'd like to thank you for your valuable time.

Professionally Yours,

Sincerely

Bill,

I'm not quite sure what this person is proposing.

My guess is that he and the agent pre-agree to some sort of split, regardless who sells the house first.

If he sells on a lease-purchase, he probably pays some of option deposit (and possibly back end) to the agent?

If agent sells the house to an A-credit buyer then he probably gets some of the commission?

Anyone else have ideas?

My take on the letter was:

If there is a motivated seller you can perform the transaction yourself, if the person does not fall into that category you may be able to get them to list with the realtor you are working with.

This way its a win-win situation.

Mike

:ph34r:

Well, to be honest something happened with this guy after I started coming here. I pretty much stopped going to tci about 10 month ago. I don't know the details but I know some one that got mixed up with him. He wouldn't spill the details but said to be cautious of him.

I went over there the other day (I use their mtg calc) thought I would check out the board, now I know why I stopped going...lol... But I saw he was back, he is one of Bill Gatens Protégés he works with the pac trust (it is suppose to be the kevlar of trust)

As for the letter basically he is saying: If you give me the list I will

1. Try to get the deal first.

2. If not I will try to get them to re-listed with you

The realtor should know that it is a numbers game with the investor 1 out of 30 may sign with Derrick where as 20 out of 30 may re-sign with the realtor. the numbers are with the realtor, so why not let him do all the cold calls for the realtor...

He is bringing something to the table instead of expecting to just eat...

I don't get the impression he is offering or asking for anything financial based on his "May the best person win!" comment. It seems to me he is offering his services to any willing Realtor as a potential source of leads, in exchange for a weekly update of expired listings.

Pretty straightforward and not terribly exciting.