The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ctrmrz31

Expired listings!

I sent out 50 letters to expired listings on the 23rd and am starting to get calls already.

The first deal is a condo, am not too interested in that one, but will take a look at it. The second is a 2br/1bath which is not in the sellers name. This house was a gift from her uncle who died two years ago. She has been renting it out all this time, but now wants to sell it. I told her she would have to have her uncle's sons and daughters to sign off on it, as well as, her aunt. The third deal is a duplex which is promising. An old lady owns it and has been renting it out, but has had nothing but trouble with it. She is alone here and doesn't have any help. Anyways, she wants me to help her out. All she wants is 15k, so I will do my due diligence and see what homes in this area go for and decide which way to go with this one.

This next one is 3/1/1 which we have the papers drawn up on already. I can get 45k to 50k for it and all they want is 30k. After the 1st we will set a date to do the signing.

Remember my radio ads? Well, I have to say that after the first week my calls stopped and the calls I did get never materialized. Good thing I didn't pay the $500.00 value those would of run me or anyone normally. Basically, the radio ads would not be an efficient method of marketing just in case anyone has thought of it.

I wasn't impressed at all.

So far the best methods that have worked for me are the thrifty nickel ads, bandit signs, fliers, and the expired listing mailings, also word of mouth is working great as well. I have one person calling fsbo signs and ads to prequalify them for me and for $500 if the lead should materialize.

Anyways, this is an update on what's going on in my world!

Cruz or Brandon?

Thanks for sharing that, gents. I always say that with marketing there are no shortcuts. What works best for you, in your area, can only be known after trying. Experience and hindsight are always 20/20.

This next one is 3/1/1 which we have the papers drawn up on already. I can get 45k to 50k for it and all they want is 30k. After the 1st we will set a date to do the signing.
It sounds as if you have some possibilities hanging around. The good ones don't wait. So, if you can, sign 'em up sooner rather than later.
Anyways, this is an update on what's going on in my world!
Just how does an outsider gain entry into this, um, unique little corner where you reside? B) :ph34r: ;)

Well,

I believe it was Rod Sterling who said it best "Next Stop the Twilight Zone!" Not always a pleasant place to reside B) , are you sure you wanna join us? :ph34r: !!

Cruz or Brandon?

Guest Reg

How are you getting the expired listings? Unless you're a realtor the only way, I believe, you're able to get your hands on them is to befriend a realtor and explain what you do. I think that this takes a bit too long as some realtors are not as open to doing business the way we do it.

I'm a newbie (about 6 months). I've read and understand and am ready to go. However, the marketing is not there because I don't have the money to do it. If there's anyone in Northern VA that would like to help me out please reply. Thank you.

m006066@yahoo.com

Hey Reg!

Call ads in the paper for sale by owner or for rent by owner and most of these guys are investors. Develop a friendship with these guys and you will find that they have access to expired listings. This is how I met the appraiser that gives me the expired listings. Tell these investors that you often come across properties that you look to assign and if they would be interested you can add them to your call list. They will appreciate this and this will start your friendship or at the least this will start an association which you both could benefit from. For you to bring them more properties then maybe they will give you access to their expired list which will be less work they have to do.

Just some thoughts!

Cruz or Brandon?

Cruz or Brandon,

If you don't mind, what does your flyer to expired listings say on it? Have you found any wording that works especially well with these types of sellers?

Thanks

Hey Saint!

I use Michael's Lease Purchase Advantage doc. It works great!

Cruz or Brandon?

Hey Saint!

I use Michael's Lease Purchase Advantage doc. It works great!

Cruz or Brandon?

ahhh...working smarter not harder

You the man...or mans...or guys :wacko: