The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Scott(pa)

Get started Lease Purchasing

Guest Scott(pa)

Here are some ideas on getting started Lease/Purchasing.

(1)Purchase a course! Your on this site so why not purchase the Naked Investor course. I have read and studied many courses on this subject and have found most offer the same info. I do not have the course myself yet but would like to have it. By seeing the way this site is layed out I'm sure the course is of the highest quality.

(2)Know the course inside and out! You need to create a solid foundation of knowledge for yourself. If you do this I gurantee you will know more about Lease/Purchase than 99% of your sellers.

(3)Take Action! You can not do your first deal until you take action! Get some newspaper ads, flyers on local bulletin boards and business cards out. Let the entire world know you buy and sale homes. Make Cold calls. Call FSBO's and Rentals. You would be surpised how many rentals I call on and they are renting because they couldnt sale their home at some point. These people are very motivated sellers. Make as many calls as you can. You need to get use to talking to people on the phone and discussing what you do. You will here several different things. You will find most people will not yell at you. I gurantee you no one is going to hurt you over the phone. It will be a good experience, the best kind on the job training.

(4)This should get you started. Remember its a numbers game. Keep notes of what works for you. This will be very important. You need to know what works and what doesnt. This will help you use your time more wisely and get more deals done. Track all your success.

note:

It would be great to see some success stories on this site. I'm sure theres quite a few people out there that has the naked investor manual. Lets add a few more to that list. Lets get a minimum of 10 potential investors together on this site using the same course(naked investor of course)We can post our goals to begin with. Then we will post exactly how were going to obtain those goals. Step 3 will be to post on this site our daily routines in obtaining those goals. We will post what we did yesterday what were going to do today and tomorrow. Or we can do it on a weekly basis, which would be more managable. Some who need the motivation would need to post everyday, to keep them moving forward. Within 3-6 months there will be alot of completed deals. We will have many success stories. People will see it is possible and quit asking those questions and take action. These are some ideas I've been thinking about for a while now and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to put the suggestions out there. Who knows? Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones that win a free course for my ideas and suggestions. Even more so I hope we get some newbies started on a succesful path of investing.

Good Luck to All of you! I would like to hear from you whom are interested in this idea. I know this will get alot of people moving down the right path towards success!

Good Luck

Scott Banks

banks1429@earthlink.net

Hi, Scott. I'm delighted to see you here. You are obviously well read on the subject matter at hand and you have the experience of some number of deals under your belt. Your opinions and advice are most welcome here. We hope to hear from you frequently.

The advice you posted above is dead on! I will say that in my experience the biggest difference between those who succeed in this business and those who don't is, first and foremost, effort.

Location, capital reserves, lack of experience, credit worthiness, etc., are all minor players in the success we achieve in this business. Put down whatever it is you're doing, pick up the phone and begin calling FSBO's and FRBO's, and start doing! Market like hell and start doing! Stop making excuses, stop procrastinating, and start doing! It's called the Paralysis of Analysis and it is a success stopper.

I agree with you when you write that many of the available courses and manuals contain similar information. What differs is the approach and how the information and material are presented. I like to thing my approach in The Naked Investor is very real world and practical.

My goal with my manual and mentoring is to take the student from reading and studying about lease purchasing to doing lease purchasing. To get the student from studying and that damned Paralysis of Analysis, to taking action and doing as you described above, Scott.

I am currently in the process of working out a number of site upgrades, additions, and improvements. I appreciated all the suggestions. The big factor is always time. The site will always be an ongoing work in progress and labor of love.

As you know I currently have the Real Deals page up with examples of lease purchase deals. I would think this will help many newcomers get a feel for what is out there for them, what types of deals and profits can be had if they make the effort to find them and succeed. And for all you new folks I will gladly place your story, your deal on the Real Deals page. Pass it along with the details and a picture and you can share in the success of others who see your Real Deal and are inspired to create their own.

As for your idea about getting together with some of the other members here and forming a type of support group, I'm all for it. If you folks organize it I will readily provide the board space and let you all do your thing. I agree that something like that will be an inspiration to others and help them to stop procrastinating and start moving and shaking.

Lastly, Scott, you know you've won a copy of The Naked Investor, right :) ? However, you need to be a registered member. So, when you have the chance please do so, and then email or PM me with your mailing address and it's on the way. You say you have a number of courses already, but I believe there is always something to take away from whatever you study or read. An improved contract, perhaps one clause you didn't have previously. A new technique or idea, etc. I'm confident you'll enjoy the manual and put it to good use. Congratulations, Scott!

Potential Investors

Please feel free to either contact me on this board or you can email me. I would like to get this going within 2-3 weeks. If for some reason you cannot get Michaes course right now, you are also welcome to join us. I would like to see at least 10 people involved with this. If your determined to get you Investing career going this will do it.

If you are not sure what I'm talking about read my above post.

Thanks

Scott(pa) :)