The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
HomeBuyAdvantage

How to put signs in the frozen ground?

Here in Michigan it is a balmy 5 degrees!

I need to go put my rent-to-own signs at my prospect property.

Does anybody have any tips on how to place these signs in the ground.

I can either pound wooden stakes into the ground, or use the steel step stakes, but I don't think either would "hold up" too long.

Any tips?

do you have a cordless drill? If so drill some piolet holes and then fill with water.

All,

I was wondering the same thing... I live in MN and by far bandit signs work the best. I tried a step stake to no eval... and it didnt work... a cordless drill with a little bit of water sounds awesome... Rememeber if you do use wood stakes to use screwed to secure them to the stake. And dont use lattis wood... it breaks in a few days...

Any more ideas anyone?

-Steve

www.homegalleryusa.com

I think MC would agree that you should try getting a homeless man to hold it for you. Not only will it not blow away, but it has less chance of being stolen.

What you need is a cordless drill and an "auger" bit. That's those spiral looking drill bits.

They come in widths from 3/8" to ???. You can get them about 18" long or so as well. That way you don't have to kneal on the frozen ground.

They work....I have used them myself here in St. Louis (also a frozen tundra in the winter). ;)

What is this "frozen ground" you speak of? I just push the spindly lil' stakes into the soft, warm, sandy soil. No prob.....