The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Jay Shell

BillBoard Advertising

Guest Jay Shell

I'm contracting to put up some billboards to test that marketing medium in my metro area.

I'd like input from others regarding different BillBoard Messages that you have seen or used yourself in BillBoard Campaigns looking for motivated sellers.

I know that there is a national franchise that uses:

"We Buy Ugly Houses", I don't buys ugly houses necessarily and I can;t use that anyway, not being part of the franchise.

Thank You In Advance For All of Your Input

JS

How about playing right off the HomeVestors franchise message of "We Buy Ugly Houses".

You could simply say:

We Buy Pretty Homes...pay market value!

Call: 123-456-7890

www.yourwebaddress.com

Get that billboard up either right next to the HomeVestors one or on the same highway/street....next sign down.

Might just work. ;)

Jay, I haven't tried billboard ads personally. I'd be most curious as to what the results are for you.

Mark's idea about going head to head with HomeVestors sounds like a throw-down-the-gauntlet type approach. I like it!

It's the old gas station strategy.

Wait for the first one to go up on one corner and then open one right across the street on the opposite corner. Then post your prices 1 cent lower.

You figure that their (HomeVestors) sign is already getting attention but not everyone has an ugly house. Well, that guy drives down the freeway about another mile and sees "We Buy Pretty Homes". Bingo!