The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Got PMS?

Okay, this doesn't have much to do wit REI, but Michael started it. B)

So, I would like to see your recipe for lasagna. I have been cooking up dishes all week and after watching something by Robert Rodriguez (The director) I came to a conclusion. I need to have my own home menu of the best dishes!!

So not to waste web space (Unless this would be cool to do so) I would LOVE everyone's best recipes for their favorite dishes. And I have attached my email below.

Sorry, but it's Saturday and I'm hungry. And of course, I will return the favor.

Regards,

Adam

Mosaicrealestate@aol.com

PS PMS is my recipe for Alfredo sauce. Parmesan, Milk and Sour Cream. ;)

Adam, I'm all for veering away from business on occasion. And if the subject is food, well, with a name like Carbonare you know I'm interested. As for taking up web space, I can't think of a better use of bandwidth B) . If anyone is interested in contributing their favorite recipes or food memories, I say go for it.

Speaking of lasagne, I'm beginning to think I'd better change my title. It's beginning to attract too much attention. Heck, Bev the bartender has been offering me all sorts of favors in exchange for the recipe ;) ......

I'm not opposed to sharing it. It's just that it isn't one of those "a teaspoon of this, a cup of that" type recipes. I've been making it for so many years, I just break out the old cauldron and start tossing ingredients into it and, voila, Carbonare's famous is served. In fact, we had it this past Christmas for friends and family. Oohs and aahs all around :P.

And, by the way, that isn't the only thing I do well. Keeping our minds in the kitchen, my tiramisu usually gets Mrs. C all a-twitter, (is that a word?). And my other baked goods often get me favors I'm not asking for.

When I was a kid growing up on Long Island, my parents owned an Italian pastry shop, Fay's Cake and Pastries. I was about four feet by four feet. I was so round I looked like a watermelon with feet. But, that's another thread for another time.

Moving this thread to the Corner Bar.........

Guest Bev
Heck, Bev the bartender has been offering me all sorts of favors in exchange for the recipe  ;) ......

I'm not opposed to sharing it.  It's just that it isn't one of those "a teaspoon of this, a cup of that" type recipe.

And how am I doing so far Mike C? :P

You're right about the "a teaspoon of this and that" thing... I met this gorgeous Italian (model) few days ago just to see if I could get the so famous lasagne recipe and I was shock to hear what he responded to me when I asked for the recipe.... He politely said that no "real & true" Italian ever puts his recipe on paper "EVER!" he also said that if the Italian is really as good as he said he is in cooking lasagne then he never gives away his technique (recipe).... he verbally gave me the how to "try" on making the lasagne but did not go into details... but this guy can make the best "lasagne" I ever tasted in my life, he even puts red wine in it, cilantro etc etc. Yummy :P I think I'm falling in-love B)

And how am I doing so far Mike C?  :P
You don't have the recipe yet, do you dear? B)
I met this gorgeous Italian (model) few days ago
Oh, that was you?! ;)
but this guy can make the best "lasagne" I ever tasted in my life, he even puts red wine in it, cilantro etc etc.  Yummy  :P  I think I'm falling in-love  :P
Bev, c'mon, this guy's a hack! You can do better. Heck, my recipe has wheatgrass, organic soy bean puree, and Mongolian yak milk. Who ya gonna love now, woman ??

Guest Bev
And how am I doing so far Mike C?  :P
You don't have the recipe yet, do you dear? B)

Maybe because I don't need it any more my sweetheart :P

Heck, my recipe has wheatgrass, organic soy bean puree, and Mongolian yak milk.  Who ya gonna love now, woman ??

I still love you and ya know it!! ;)

Mike and Bev,

It looks like I'm going to have to be more careful with my posts. Yak's Milk? I accidentally dropped a chewy toy in the mix once, but that wasn't on purpose!

Well Mike, I guess I'll just have to invite myself over for dinner one night and peek over your shoulder. B)

And Bev, I think you're on the right track. Bartender huh? How about the recipe for a Tom Collins, or is the John Collins...darn, I just can't remember. Either way they're good and after drinking enough of either one of them, I just may forget my own name! ;)

Regards,

Adam

Oh NO!!! Not Italian food again...paleese. ;) As one who claims 1/2 Italian heritage myself (Mother's maiden name=Bisciotti) I know that the Central Valley of California where Bev and I reside (although about 100 miles apart) has merely passable, not superb Italian food.

Mike P. B)

The Legal Eagle

Guest Bev
Oh NO!!!  Not Italian food again...paleese. :o  As one who claims 1/2 Italian heritage myself (Mother's maiden name=Bisciotti)

Pinkerton, I have it (him) all under control now <_<

I know that the Central Valley of California where Bev and I reside (although about 100 miles apart)

100 miles apart? I don't think so Pinkerton, I been to your area 3 times this month and it only takes me 40 - 45 minutes to get there... as a matter of fact I'm planing on going this weekend again to check out this beautiful place in Sacramento... It sounds like a very fun place to go to :lol:

bev,

100 miles apart? I don't think so Pinkerton, I been to your area 3 times this month and it only takes me 40 - 45 minutes to get there... as a matter of fact I'm planing on going this weekend again to check out this beautiful place in Sacramento

Lets do the math 100 miles in 45 thats what 133mph.....hmmm

This Tony guy again!

YooHoo! Inlaws! Tony wants to come visit! :lol:

Cruz or Brandon?

Bev....watch for the California Hihgway Patrol on Interstate 5 through Stockton...I don't handle criminal law cases anymore...

Mike P. :lol:

The Legal Eagle

Bev....watch for the California Hihgway Patrol on Interstate 5 through Stockton...I don't handle criminal law cases anymore...

Oh my God, my sides! My sides!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mike P. :lol:

The Legal Eagle

BWAHAHAHAHA! Maybe Shakespeare was wrong about lawyers after all, when he wrote, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

This Legal Eagle guy is too funny to dispose of <_< .

Guest Bev

Pinkerton my dear and humble friend :o

For your information (and to set the record straight) I did the "mapquest" thing to find out the distance between my town and yours and found out that there are exactly 65 miles from the gate of my house to the State Capitol in Sacramento NOT 100 miles like you stated previously, so take back those extra miles you gave me on your last post :lol: and lets let Tony do the math on this one <_<