The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scott(pa)

2001 Ford Explorer

:) Does anyone know anything about lemon laws in PA?" I just bought a 2001 Ford Explorer with 20k miles on it and Its already had 5 problems that I had to take it to the garage for. I have the original sales slip and just 1 year ago it sold for close to 30k. How can a vehicle that cost that much be a piece of junk. Well if anyone know anything about lemon laws I would like to hear about them. I want my $3000.00 Geo storm back that I had in College. I had it for 5 years and it never broke down on me. I put over 70,000 miles on it! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

hi, can you tell me what problems you have had with it ? Has it been in 5 times for "major" repairs or were they minor? Also, of the 5 repairs, were any of those "repeat" repairs? (ones the garage didnt fix right the first time).

I am in no way trying to defend the reputation of Ford Motor Co. nor am I a representative of Ford, but I have to say that a Ford Explorer is certainly not the same type of vehicle as a Geo and should not be compared as such!

I am assuming that you have purchased this vehicle "used" and what I was wondering is, did you purchase this vehicle from a dealer?, do you know the maintenance history of this vehicle? Are you aware of who owned this vehicle previously ? (was it a rental vehicle from a rental car agency etc...), was it ever in an accident or stolen ?... all may play a factor with the problems you are having now!

In my opinion, if a vehicle costs alot of money, you say 30k, it just has that many more "bells and whistles" that can go wrong with it. It being a 4x4 will just increase the risk of that. Ford has sold millions of Explorers and I dont think they all have problems but it is inevitable that some of them will be problematic. Every automaker will have vehicles like that.

I also own a 2001 Ford Explorer, I have maintained it as per the manufacturer's guidelines and have only had 1 problem with it...a siezed liftgate strut and a recall. I would like to know what problems you have had.

:lol: Does anyone know anything about lemon laws in PA?" I just bought a 2001 Ford Explorer with 20k miles on it and Its already had 5 problems that I had to take it to the garage for. I have the original sales slip and just 1 year ago it sold for close to 30k. How can a vehicle that cost that much be a piece of junk. Well if anyone know anything about lemon laws I would like to hear about them. I want my $3000.00 Geo storm back that I had in College. I had it for 5 years and it never broke down on me. I put over 70,000 miles on it! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Lemon law? Why bother looking any further into it. It's a Ford, enough said!

Sign in to follow this