The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Gene

Off to Mexico

I sit here drinking my last American beer for the week. I leave for San Carlos, Mexico in the morning on company business. For those of us that still have traditional jobs, sometimes the perks are pretty cool. Don't get me wrong, I dream of the day that can be as free as "The Naked One"...sitting on the beach in South Florida advising others from my wireless laptop.

I will be taking my Naked Investor manual with me. Can't let any free time go to waste.

Michael, now you can say that your teaching's are even studied in Mexico. :rolleyes: Can an American do a Lease-Purchase south of the border?

Everyone, have a great week. I look forward to reading all of your inspiring posts when I return this weekend.

Gene

I sit here drinking my last American beer for the week. I leave for San Carlos, Mexico in the morning on company business.
Gringo afortunado! Goce de las Coronas!
For those of us that still have traditional jobs, sometimes the perks are pretty cool.
Apparently, Gene, apparently :( .
Don't get me wrong, I dream of the day that can be as free as "The Naked One"...sitting on the beach in South Florida advising others from my wireless laptop.
Now that's an image fueled by an overactive imagination and too much preflight tequila B). Heck, I don't even own a laptop, and I've been afraid to go into the water, (beach or bath), ever since Jaws hit the movie theaters!
I will be taking my Naked Investor manual with me. Can't let any free time go to waste.
Hardcore, dude, hardcore! (Be wary of any young, Mexican Naked Investor groupies.)
Michael, now you can say that your teaching's are even studied in Mexico.
OK, Gene....my teaching's are even studied in Mexico :rolleyes: .
Can an American do a Lease-Purchase south of the border?
After you're bailed out, please let us know B) .
Everyone, have a great week.
Back at ya', Gino, back at ya'! :o

I'm back!

Gene,

Corona with Lime

Dont drink the water

P.S. Ice cubes are made of water

I have never had much of a problem with any of the food, beer or ice cubes.

I now have a new favorite Mexican beer and pepper.

The beer is Negra Modelo and the pepper is Chile Tepin. Both are full of flavor. Be careful of the chile though. It is very small (about the size and shape of a pea) and grows in the wild. Do not let its size fool you, it is very hot. The flavor can not be beat.

P.S. The steak in Sonora, Mexico is fabulous.

Welcome back, Gene! Vegas had the odds at 3 to 1 you wouldn't be returning. I saw a name change, a forged passport, some cosmetic surgery and a new start to get away from your dark past :ph34r: . But, alas, you returned to face the music. Oh, well, that's why I'm not a gambler. By the way, did you run into our Legal Eagle while down there? Turns out he's down there as we speak, living off the escrowed funds of some unsuspecting client, probably :P .

I now have a new favorite Mexican beer and pepper.

The beer is Negra Modelo and the pepper is Chile Tepin. Both are full of flavor.

Oh, yes! Negro Modelo has been a favorite of mine for a few years. Unlike it's watery step child, Corona, Negro Modelo has cojones. Chile Tepin I have heard of but haven't sampled. I'll try it on your recommendation, Gene.
P.S. The steak in Sonora, Mexico is fabulous.
Aye, caramba! Throw in some Negro's, chile tepin, fresh corn tortillas, y una muchacha, and I'm southbound!