The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Ellison

Before I run my ad

I talked to my attorney yesterday and he said I would not have to do a double close. My Recorded lease w/option would work as a Performance Mtg, I would have a POA from the owner. He said not to use a memo the l/o was stronger....

I talked to my attorney yesterday and he said I would not have to do a double close.  My Recorded lease w/option would work as a Performance Mtg, I would have a POA from the owner.  He said not to use a memo the l/o was stronger....

Good to hear. Where'd you find such a smart attorney? One of the partners in Dewey, Cheatem and Howe? :rolleyes::unsure: .

My Recorded lease w/option would work as a Performance Mtg, I would have a POA from the owner. He said not to use a memo the l/o was stronger....

What does POA mean? What is the difference between this and a double close?

POA means Power of Attorney and technically when you do any deal, you should always have one signed by your sellers. It gives the ability to sell the house without them actually having to be present, thereby eliminating a double-closing.

Read up as much as you can on these, they are very helpful and can make life easier...and again, always try to get your sellers to sign one because it will make your life and their life easier.

I am so ready for summer :)

I'm confused...

blame it on the mom-in law

Now that you say that, she has been accused of contributing to global warming. Then again, the moons that orbit her are cold. So, I'm still confused :) ??