The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
scott(pa)

Investor Tip #1

Hello

I wanted to place some ideas on here hopefully it will help some of you new investors out. Finding homes top 10 list.

10. Friends, relatives, work associates, word of mouth. Tell everyone you know and everyone you meet that you buy homes. This form of Free exposure will for certain get you some leads.

9. Place a newspaper ad. Place ads in Pennsaver, Bargain sheet etc. These are all very inexpensive ways of advertising.

8. Contact Landlords whom are evicting tenants. These landlors are probably in a perfect state of mind to get their home on a Lease/Purchase or very inexpensive.

7. Contact Landlords with properties for rent. These people are already open to the idea of renting their home. Therefore your half way there. They may have been trying to sale their home and had to do something to help with their payment so they had to rent the home. You will be a blessing.

6.Networking with local professtional such as: Realtors, attorneys, CPA. These people are always meeting people buying homes and saleing homes.

5. Network with service people: Newspaper carrier, Mailman, Meter readers, lawn service people, Plumbers, etc....

4. Fliers: Very cheap! Put fliers up everywhere. Anywhere where there is alot of foot traffic. Anywhere large crowds gather. You get the point here. Plaster your town with flyers.

3. Door hangers: Make up about a thousand of these. Hang them in your farm area. Hire a niece, nephew and their friends. They work cheap. Hire the local newpaper boy. Get out a thousand of these and there will be a deal or two there.

2. Magnetic Car signs. Another form of cheap advertising. You can get a good set for about 80-100. Everywhere you go these signs go with you. Every car or truck you pass by sees it. They catch the eye. Your vehicle can be your rolling billboard. I am currently working on a system to develop these cheaply for investors that I meet. I would like to get them done for about $60.00. I'll let you know when Their ready.

1. Bandit Signs: This seems to be the top producer for all succesful investors. Place your bandit signs everywhere where there is alot of traffic. Place short message on them. To the point. I BUY HOMES, SALE YOUR HOME NOW! CASH FOR YOUR HOME. Your attracting people that are driving they dont have much time to read it. Make your phone number large so it is easily read.

I hope this will help some of you out there to get your first home.

Good Luck

Scott(pa)

Thank you, Scott. Excellent post and most helpful. Even though these are all common sense ideas and probably already known, they are all critical marketing techniques that need to be revisited often.

Michael

I think they seem common since to people who have been doing it for a while but to someone who has just started, there are probably some new ideas in there. Someone might wonder "what is a bandit sign" "Why contact Lanlords their home is not even for sale" Hopefully this will get some people thinking. Just my opinion.

Scott(pa)