The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

Marketing question

when making promotional items, with a website or a phone #, do you think it would be a good idea to put the same phone # you use for bandit signs?

Like paper ads for in the we buy houses section, do you use the same # you use on bandit signs?

The reason i as is because there is a chance the 'sign police' may see it an dput 2 and 2 together.

Just wondering how the seasoned investors approach this.

I think the chances of the 'sign police' being able to put it together is extremely remote. However, it would still probably be a good idea to use a different number on your bandit signs, preferrably a number that is difficult to trace back to you, like a voicemail line from a company outside the jurisdiction of your 'sign police'.

The idea is to make it easier for them to just take your signs down, then to try and find you to do it. That way you can keep putting new ones up without worrying about fines.

It does seem like a lot of trouble to go to. But everybody says signs work (they didn't work too well for me) so it's worth giving it a shot.

I think the chances of the 'sign police' being able to put it together is extremely remote. However, it would still probably be a good idea to use a different number on your bandit signs, preferrably a number that is difficult to trace back to you, like a voicemail line from a company outside the jurisdiction of your 'sign police'.

The idea is to make it easier for them to just take your signs down, then to try and find you to do it. That way you can keep putting new ones up without worrying about fines.

It does seem like a lot of trouble to go to. But everybody says signs work (they didn't work too well for me) so it's worth giving it a shot.

What Doug said.

Tony:

Vendre Ta Maison Rapide!

555-5555

If I used the wrong words, sue me, I never went to school let alone learn French!

Wait a second, Doug........weren't you trying to say Voulez-vous me faire l'amour? Or, am I thinking of something else??

BTW thanks for the new title, I hope to replace it with: "Cooperative Assignor Extraordinaire" soon.

I don't know, Doug. I kinda like "Frolics with Beavers". What about Moose Masseuse? Or, Canada does too have a tank. Maybe I am Canadian. Drink LaBatt.

Michael, Canada has a tank? :lol: I knew Canada had some soldiers but I think they died over in...what's the name of that place...ummm...Normandy?

Speaking of beavers, where's that darn manual? I'm going to have to hook up my team of beavers and go see if the guy's stuck in a snow drift somewhere ... MUSH damnit MUSH!

Doug, keep me posted on the manual. It was sent via USPS Global Priority Mail, and you should have it in another day or two. I was told four to six business days, and its been just about that. If it does go astray, we'll notify the RCMP and you'll get another copy. I'm a man of my word.....usually :lol: .

Doug:

I knew Canada had some soldiers but I think they died over in...what's the name of that place...ummm...Normandy?

Speaking of the Canadian military, I was in the U.S. Navy a few years back and remember being docked in the same port as the Canadians during Persian Gulf 1. A bunch of guys on my ship were bragging about how the Canadians were allotted a certain amount of beer per week. Now that's fighting men! I also remember some guys bringing back a recipe from the Canadian ship for a drink called Moose Milk. I think it was made of ice-cream and a whole lot of liquor.

Are you familiar with this drink?

Gene

Michael, I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

Gene, since my mother died at birth, I was raised on Moose Milk--my father not knowing any better. For those who may be interested in sampling this fine Canadian specialty, here's the recipe:

12 eggs (yolks only)

1 cup sugar

40 ounces of homogenized milk

40 ounces of heavy cream (not canned!)

10 ounces of grade A amber pure Canadian maple syrup

40 ounces of Canadian rye whiskey

40 ounces of dark rum

5 ounces of Kahlua

nutmeg, cinnamon (garnish)

1) Beat yolks until fluffy and mixed.

2) Add the sugar and beat until thick.

3) Stir in the milk and liquor.

4) Chill for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).

5) Whip the cream until thick.

6) Fold in the cream (it will appear to totally thin out, don't worry).

7) Chill for another hour.

8) Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon (optional).

9) Serve chilled (due to the raw eggs).

Doug:

Is that a drink or breakfast!

Thanks for the recipe. Have you ever tried to cut it down. The recipe you provided would serve like 30 americans (or 2 canadians). :lol:

thanks again

Gene

BTW thanks for the new title,

Just be glad your not a chicken farmer, sleeps with co@# huh hummm I mean rooster

Gene, it's designed to keep our strength up until the bars open :lol: Just halve the recipe to make 1 much. As it is it makes 2 much :lol:

Tony, good point, I'll count my blessings.