The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OLI

Using LLC in multiple states

Guest OLI

I plan on working real estate deals in two different states (State A & State B). Let's say I plan on doing most of my real estate deals in State A, so I'm going to set up my LLC in State A as well. The LLC State A fee is also much, much cheaper than State B. I was told I can use an address for my LLC in State B (where I reside) as long as I have a registered agent in State A. Can I do real estate deals under the LLC name in both states if the LLC is registered in State A but with a State B address? I read somewhere I would have to also pay the State B fee to do business in State B. If that is true, then I suppose it doesn't matter where I register the LLC since I'll have to pay to do business in both states anyway. Anyone know how multi-state LLC's work? I'll keep searching for answers elsewhere, but I would appreciate a reply if anyone knows on here. Thanks a bunch. :)

Oli,

I think you need to be more specific about your question. I do deals with one LLC all over the country, but can you sell RE as a licensed agent in say, FL when you're licensed in say, GA? No, you can't. You have to be licensed in that state. What are your intentions? Are you talking about LOS? CAs?

Regards,

Adam

Sign in to follow this