The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Chris&Kez

Roadkill !

Hi e'1 ,

sitting here drinking coffee , going through the inbox deleting DEAD HOUSE e mails and thought

..hmmm, "just for giggles"............. :lol:

these homes have probably been for sale for 23 yrs, but might be a novel 'click' for those surfing the RE pages of the world.

None pictured yet, but had fun & might as well get a few posted.

( Michael, you told me to stay away from these, wouldn't it be hilarious IF.........I'd cut you a check if that happened ... :o )

"Ol Wobbly

U FIX IT

Lil' bit down

http://www.geocities.com/downsouth_re/rre.html

Everyone have a good day?

Where's that lady gone with our drinks?

K :lol:

LOL, now you have me curious...do tell???

We've been so busy lately, like Brandon & Cruz, we've been nearby but 'lurking' in the wings.

Had a couple of DEAD home owners ask us to list for them...still waiting for their details..anyway, no major demand here , so no rush.

Also been a bit sick...again, still trying to aclimatize( ?) to this US weather.

I hate tonsils, whose idea were those anyway?

Kez :)

I hate tonsils, whose idea were those anyway?
I suspect the same joker who also gave us sinuses.........and any movie with Jennifer Lopez :) .

You guys kill me.

Okay, here is the "infamous bread pipe bomb story".

I was doing a rehab last year and had a small plumbing problem. There was a pipe that was sticking out of one of the bedroom walls that I had to cut short and cap so I could drywall over it. Well, I never did any plumbing so I had to go off of the sole advice of a part time Home Depot employee. He told me how to solder and flux, so I purchased a torch and was on my way.

Got back to the house and turned the water off so I could get a dry pipe to solder. Well, the pipe had other plans and continued to leak. I couldn't get it dry enough to solder so I called back my Home Depot "professional" to get advice.

Well, all you have to do is stick some bread in the pipe so it will stop the leaking. This should give you enough time to solder and the bread will biodegrade after you're done. Sounds fair enough, off to Farmer Jack to buy a loaf of bread.

I returned, stuffed the bread (The whole loaf) into the pipe and started soldering. To my amazement it worked....for a minute. Once the caps were on good and tight, I heard a small "hsssss" coming from the pipe. Of course, the water created steam and made the seal start to leak. Well, after an unsuccessful attempt at removing the now soldered cap off the pipe with pliers so I could try it again, I decided to do the next best "rational" thing. I grabbed the torch.

Now, theory has it that if you heat the pipe up again the solder would simply melt and the cap would fall off. Wrong. When you heat a pipe with water in it, it creates steam. And everything behind it is now compressed....or was compressed.

There I was standing directly in front of the pipe heating it up....and then...BAM! The cap blew off and the WHOLE LOAF OF HOT MOLTEN BREAD blew off with it. And of course, I was standing in front of it.

I got blown backwards about ten feet and was now covered with molten hot bread. I swear there was an outline of me on the back wall as the bread covered it. And of course.....my wife just happened to stop by to see how things were going....

Yup, that's right. Adam the Real Estate professional.

Regards,

Adam

:);) Funny tale, Adam! So, I guess in your family bread stuffing has a whole different meaning. Who needs a turkey when there are hot pipes waiting to be seasoned and heated??

oh my goodness, hahaha

that's too funny.

I might collect all these stories and publish a book of

"Dont do it yourself "

articles for the newbie investor............

Would you mind if I posted that as a side issue on the DEAD WEBsite please?

Something to take the serious edge off.

I have serious connections in 'WHITE' places, perhaps Chris can get you a job with International Security!!

Chris and Kez,

First off, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This "joining" is such a cool part of life!

And yes, you may profit from my ignora...uh, experience.

LOL

Adam

Michael what is it about Jennifer Lopez? I'm with you B)

Adam, now that you mention the bread reminds me of our famous chicken recipe, thought you might like to give this a try when testing the appliances in your rehabs

Ingredients

1 chicken

1 bag of corn kernels.

1 HOT oven

Method:

STUFF the raw chicken with kernels & your chef's selection of seasonings.

Place chicken in HOT oven.

When the tail blows out of the chicken and POPS the door open you know it's done

AND the stove works!

HAPPY LANDING!

you guys are nuts LOL

Michael what is it about Jennifer Lopez?
She's an actress who can't act, and she's a singer who can't sing. Other than that she's a fine talent.

Chris, Kez and Michael,

Something to be said about cooking here....just not sure what it is.

Jennifer Lopez....hum......you may be onto something...

Regards,

Adam

She is also a hoochie that sure can hooch. I never should have broke up with her....hummm....Tony Lopez kept man....its has a ring to it.

Tony,

I think we've hit bottom..... :P

LOL

Considering we're talking about J Lo, I'd say "hitting bottom" is totally appropo ;) .