The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Lydia

Radio Ad bringing calls!

WOW! My radio ad has been on the air for 4 hours and I already have 5 calls. At least one of those doesn't sound too motivated, but I have 46 more spots to run between now and noon on Monday. And all I need is a part of a small profit deal to pay for it. payment is due in 90 days.

Lydia

http://www.cashbuyorsell.com

I ended up getting 6 calls in about 4 hours. It is a rhythm/blues station I had never heard of before a gal who works for the station flagged me down after seeing my "cash for houses" sign on my car. Don't know how big it is, but the guy at the stations told me not to worry about putting the area code in. Nobody outside the area code would be listening to it!

I also want to run an ad on the local Christian station. I was thinking today that I might not want to do much more advertising. I do not want to run a newspaper ad (too many others are doing that), I also don't want to do "bandit signs" (they are really cracking down on them here!)

Homevestors run a TV ad, but I don't know of anyone using radio.

I am DELIGHTED with the results I have gotten so far. I pretty much used the "Ron LeGrand" model, and i used no music and my own voice. Might fine tune things later.

Lydia

This is great information! Thanks for posting the great results you are getting!

Just one deal pays for this avenue...

option8

Lydia,

Uh huh, yup....that's right....you the...uh...wo' man! :(

Very cool stuff!

Adam

PS We spent about that on expired listing a few weeks ago and received about 3 calls..ouch.

Yeah, MC and I are really into Cole Porter. :D

Mike P. :(

The Legal Eagle

ps--Congrats on what may be a very savy marketing move!

Michael,

What are your personal top 3 marketing methods that you use month in and month out? What are your 3 least favorite marketing methods?

Pete

Y'all are too much!!!

I'm swamped with calls!!! some are situations I might can do something with, others, well....not quite what I was looking for. I'm overwhelmed!

This is a GREAT marketing method.

When I work through these leads, I think I'll run some spots on another station, different clientel, I expect.

Lydia

Lydia,

What geographic market are you in?

Thanks,

Mike P. ;)

The Legal Eagle

Lydia,

I am closing a deal in Portland TN next week. And by the way, how's the ads doing? Have you gotten a lot of calls?

Tell us, tell us, tell us!!!!!!!! :lol:

Regards,

Adam

I got probably 20 calls where I have actually talked to people, and several other calls "hang-ups". I have a voicemail system, 24 hour, toll free (the one Conti and Finkel recommend), and I think I need to mention that in my regular voicemail. I intend to follow up with the hang-ups if I get around to it, but I imagine if people were serious, they'd leave their number or call back.

I just bought some yellow page advertising today. I pulled some equity money out of my house and paid off my credit cards, so here I go running them up again! I have to say that the cheap and free advertising wasn't working. I'm still using the cheap and free stuff, but this is so much better. The yellow page ad will run in a display ad in Brentwood/franklin, and my name and number will also be in the Sumner County and that area (not sure where Portland is) and also in Lavergne/Smyrna. I have NO INTENTION of driving all over middle Tennessee, but I would be glad to pass on leads for a referral fee or a cut of the deal if it closes. That way other people who maybe can't afford pricey marketing can benefit from the money I have spent.

Having motivated callers call YOU is so much better than cold calling people who want to sell immediately for cash at full retail price!

I do think I'll be using some lease/options and/or straight options.

Lydia

Well, MC, sure looks like Lydia got past the "Hatchling" stage very quickly, wouldn't you say?

Mike P. :lol:

Your Loyal Legal Eagle

Lydia,

First off, I agree with Mike P. :lol:

Second, I have noticed the same thing with the 800#. I always put on my postcards/letters etc my direct line along with my 800# if they need to get with someone right away. And believe it or not, I don't think they're less motivated by not leaving a message. (Although sometimes it seems that way) People are usually just in a real emotional state when they call and just need to talk to someone. So answering your phone WILL get you more deals than an 800#. And yes, call the ones back that didn't leave a message.

Just my two cents,

Adam