The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Lydia

Radio Ad bringing calls!

Guest Guest

On my ad, I did the commercial myself (read off my script). The girl who sold me on the radio ad recommended that I do it in my voice for a couple of reasons. It "stands out" from the djs and the commercials read by the djs. It also is a more "personal" approach, and helps with the rapport building.

I also did NOT use music. Basically, this was a "test" and so far, I think I have done good things. I sort of think the music might be distracting, and also when there is lots of music playing all day, the voice only stands out.

I do not have a "slogan"--I'm working on that. Basically, I said

something like "do you have an unwanted house you need to sell quickly? Do you have an inherited house that needs to be sold to settle an estate? Are you divorcing, relocating, behind in your payments, frustrated landlord who just wants "out", (etc., etc.-problems people have) My name is Lydia Hubbell and I buy houses in these and other situations in almost any area or price range. If you want to sell your house quickly and put your current troubles behind you, call me now for a free no obligation consultation to find out how I might be able to help YOU solve your real estate problems. Call 99999999. that's 99999999 or visit my website at www.cashbuyorsell.com"

This sure beats cold calling ads in the paper. And I really am providing a valuable service, and probably the only hope for desperate homeowners. I have had several people call me and the first thing out of their mouth is "I don't want any money, I just want out from under this" They are people who owe what their house is worth or nearly so. They can't list with a realtor because there is no way to pay the commission. I even talked with a woman today who said not only was she willing to not get anything from the sale, but she would also continue to make the payments on the second mortgage. I wasn't sure how that would work, though. That would be a "cloud" on the title, wouldn't it? I do think I can help her, though.

Lydia

I even talked with a woman today who said not only was she willing to not get anything from the sale, but she would also continue to make the payments on the second mortgage. I wasn't sure how that would work, though. That would be a "cloud" on the title, wouldn't it? I do think I can help her, though.
What about a long term sandwich lease? You take over the payments on the first mortgage; she handles the second. 36 months or longer, locking in the payoff price. Assuming the rent you can receive will cover that first payment, you'll receive cash flow each month, you took control of the property with nothing down, and appreciation over the term of the lease is your's, the seller has her problem alleviated, etc. Just one idea, Lydia. Make an offer!

****UNPAID COMMERCIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The above exchange is an excellent example why Michael's mentoring programs are a steal! :o

Mike P. B)

The Legal Eagle

****UNPAID COMMERCIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The above exchange is an excellent example why Michael's mentoring programs are a steal!  B)

Mike P. B)

The Legal Eagle

I'm beginning to understand why Mrs. Legal Eagle is such a happy woman. You're a keeper, Pinkerton! :o

Since your ad stopped playing on monday the 1st, are you still receiving calls or did the slow down dramatically?

Just curious,

Verb

I kept getting new calls for a few days. I specifically remember someone calling last Tuesday who had heard the ad on Saturday. A couple of other callers were referred to me by someone else who had heard my ad, and passed my name and number on. I haven't had any new calls lately and I'm thinking I'd better run the ad again this weekend. If I can fit it in, another sentence I'd like to ad in my list of problems is, "Have you had your house listed with a real estate agent, but have had disappointing results?" My 60 sec. spot ends up at 52 sec. so I think I might rerecord--after all, I have paid for those other 8 seconds, might as well use them!

I have got 3 "straight options" which I think I'll just assign, since I have found out that they are assignable. I didn't do a contract for purchase.

I also have several other potential deals I'm following up on. I didn't have time to make up nice flyers to take to the "deals table" at my investor's meeting tonight. I had lots of photos of all 3 houses. I should have taken more business cards. I also had my name and phone number on separate sheets with hand written information about the houses. When I went to pick up my stuff at the end of my meeting, all my cards were gone and someone had walked off with my info sheets on 2 of the properties. The one left was a modular home in a not so great area of town. The other 2 were good rentals, one needed nothing, one needed a new roof.

I'm also needing to do some work on my voicemail system. I have been paying about $15 a month for several months for the Dan Finkel and Peter Conti recommended Voicemail.

Lydia

Have you been getting many calls from realtors asking a variety of questions abou thow you do your business?

I just read a post where Cruz is experiencing this from his radio ads.

I was kind of curious about this as well?

This is nothing to worry about, but just to let you know that they don't like investors taking their business.

My ads don't do that great. I am doing 3 spots a day for a month straight and I am getting an average of 2 calls per day. This was my 2nd day. I have a good potential deal in the works, but I am not holding my breath on it since these folks aren't really motivated by anything, but the fact that they want a bigger house.

I wish you all the luck of success!

Cruz or Brandon?

I have a good potential deal in the works, but I am not holding my breath on it since these folks aren't really motivated by anything, but the fact that they want a bigger house.

Change hats CA

I ran another spot this past weekend. I actually got another call or two last week before the ads started on Friday, from people who had gotten my information last time.

Tomorrow I am going to talk with a guy from WAY-FM, a big Christian station. It will cost more, but I think will be worth it.

I actually would prefer to not tell my "secret", but I blurted it out when asked by a guy whose response to my question about how he got one of his leads was "We have our ways" I am not good at thinking on my feet. He asked me if I was doing some marketing, and I said yes, then he asked what I was doing that was getting me so many calls. A competitor is also advertising on this station, but I am hoping my ad is better.

Cruz or Brandon, have you tried getting many ads run closely together instead of 3 a day? My 50 over 3 days has been great.

Lydia

Lydia,

I trust you read the Realtors the "Riot Act?" :lol:

Mike P. :lol:

The Legal Eagle