The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
baldeagle

options and use

i iknow an option gives me the right to sell a property and keep the profits what gives me thev right to sell what i dont own? reply to dan093045@yahoo.com

you don't have to own you controll

and also you answered this you self

an option gives me the right to sell a property

NO!!! you DO NOT need a brokers license to sell. Not even a Driver's license.

As long that you have rights to a home, such as an option, you can sell that right. You do not need a license UNLESS you did'nt have that right or option to purchase.

Similar to the stock market with "Options".

David Garcia

Adam,

I know you weren't awake when you posted your reply :unsure:

The option itself gives you the right to "sell". It's actually giving you the right to "buy" acting as a principle, and with that comes the right to assign your interest.

(As long as it is not otherwise stated in your option agreement). Any agreement is by default "assignable", if 'assignability' is not addressed in writing on the agreement.

Regards,

Barry

www.sellthehousefast.com

Hey all,

You're all right..of course, but...(This is only MY opinion, NOT the law!)

i iknow an option gives me the right to sell a property

Of course, you don't need a license to sell a property if you have an option, which puts you into the grey are as being a "future owner" to that property. But when you sell a ton with no intent to purchase and disclose that like I do, someone may and usually does catch on. It wouldn't hurt to at least use a broker. I don't advocate having a license doing CREI because of liability, but using the right people to keep you out of court is something I do advocate.

Again, this is still in the "grey area", but trust me, I've had a lot less slack from Realtors and Attorneys by using a broker.

what gives me the right to sell what i dont own?

If you bring two parties together with no option, or ownership you need a broker's license. This also means that you can't be a licensed agent without a broker. You MUST have a broker involved. This may very from state to state with needing a broker's license, or needing one involved.

And yes, I was sleeping when I answered the question Barry... :unsure:

Regards,

Adam