The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
puls1234

Billboards

Well I will have my first bill board up on May 20th. The cost is $350 per month and $150 to make the poster. (A one time fee) My billboard will say

We Buy Houses

250-9553

Above Market Price!!

I think this form of advertising will be even better than the paper!

Pete

Oh, you mean those big ones by the side of the freeway?

I see alot round here with 1/2 posters that must have been there forever.

Interesting :angry:

These billboards are vinyl not poster and they last years and years. I am going to go with a different billboard company now. This is my deal. 12 month contract at $200 per month! I am doing 2 billboards per month to double my exposure so that means $400 per month or $4800 per year. One good deal pays for advertising for the year!!! I checked 6 references today of the billboard company and each one said as soon as they started using billboards their business went through the roof and the phone rang endlessly. Supposedly there is no better form of advertising than billboards especially for what we do in creative real estate!!! I am suprised more on this forum have not done more of this.

Pete

The other thought about billboards is that you cannot turn them off. In radio you hear the ad and its gone or you need to be on that exact station to hear it. The newspaper gets crumpled up and thrown away immediately. Billboards are 24/7. I am truly looking forward to the leads this brings. One of the references was a real estate agent and she said the boards have exploded her business and she advertises on 6 boards now a month!!!!

Pete

Pete, I've heard the same thing. A friend of mine owns a futon store and says that the sign outside (the kind that's black with fluorescent lettering, about 4'x6') costs him something like $150/mo and brings in 10 times the business that he had with a $600/mo newspaper ad bill.

I'd definitely give it a try, unfortunately the only place you're allowed to put those signs in the entire county is on commercial land which is attached to a store/office/warehouse which you own or lease. And believe me, I've seriously considered renting a small office for just that purpose.

Thats too bad Doug. We have billboards here everywhere and if these 2 boards explode my business I will go from 2 to 3 or maybe even 4. We will see.

My ad is:

WE BUY HOUSES!

250-9553

ABOVE MARKET PRICE

The key to these billboards is simplicity and having the correct color schemes. This is what gets them noticed!

PEte

Pete, a possible alternative which has just recently (believe it or not) begun popping up in my city is bus stop bench ads. They've been around in neighboring cities for a while and I notice that there, where they are more established, they are totally dominated by realtor ads. I mean well over 90%. In my city they've only been around since this winter, and so there's still a good mixture, but there are already a few realtors faces smiling at the passing traffic :angry:

I absolutely agree about the color scheme and using a short and direct message. Just get them to the website or phone to learn more.

I'm finding the same thing with my emails to realtors. A very short message gets 2-3 times the response of a long one.

Supposedly there is no better form of advertising than billboards especially for what we do in creative real estate!!! I am suprised more on this forum have not done more of this.
Pete, for most folks it's the cost. In many parts of the country billboard advertising is way expensive. Here in south Florida it's between two and three grand per month per board. I have a student in the Cincinnati area who was quoted $2,000 per month, also.

What color scheme do you guys recommend for billboards? I have always been fond of black on yellow for my signs but I have no experience with BBs.

My color scheme recommendation is always NEON! (with the disclaimer that I have no billboards!)

Others may disagree, but all the IBH signs in my area are black on yellow or blue on yellow and you can't distinguish them.

Be outrageous!

option8