The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam King (MI)

QUIT YOUR JOB!

Yeah, I've heard the saying "Kill two birds with one stone" and well it's true. But I have realized because of this week, what that stone really was. It's called a "job" and it will kill your REI carrier.

I have been a full time consultant/investor for almost two years now. That means I haven't done ANYTHING else but REI. I have been active in learning investing since Oct 2000, but I was still running a small business for almost two years before I got that first deal. To make a long story short, I had a phone call last week about a bid I put in TWO YEARS ago to pressure wash and seal the school down the street's playground. Since I now have a daughter that uses that playground and REI has been a little slow, I decided to do it. It was a $3,240.00 bid with no counters.

I had a 49 year old "out doors type of guy" REI associate that liked to get his hands dirty once in a while help me. He and I took two days to pressure wash it and have now taken 3 days to seal/stain it. We are both going to make around $1,000 for doing it. In the mean time, I have had a serious amount of leads come in where I have had meetings almost every day this week.

As I said I'd make a long story short, my associate and I were talking about taking care of some "old customers" part time while servicing the REI. After some serious consideration we have decided that the possible $200K that the deals may produce from last week alone is a lot better than working our tails off for an entire week for a measly $1,000.

So next time you ask yourself if you should keep your job or go full time, let the numbers speak for themselves. If your job can produce more, work more hours until you common sense can catch up!

Regards,

Adam

So next time you ask yourself if you should keep your job or go full time, let the numbers speak for themselves. If your job can produce more, work more hours until your common sense can catch up!

Now that hits the hammer right square on the nail head.

I'm Sold!!!

<Steve>

When I quit Adam, send me some $$$ down south if I don't get any deals?

:):D:P

....I'm serious :ph34r:

I'll get my email/PM warmed up (to give you my address for the $$$) just in case someone out in the fields doesn't wanna play ball.

Later gator,

Jason

Sign in to follow this