The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PHILW

owner financing

Guest PHILW

Help,

I'm going to show a property today at 2 pm central time to someone seeking owner financing. The lady is willing to put 25-30k down. The question is if this is doable. I just got the property from my brother whos going through a divorce for 6k down and financed the rest at same interest rate as he has on his existing mortgage. Now can I turn around and finance to her. If so could I also get the loan re-financed and out of my brothers name say after 3 years when the early payment penalty on his loan is up and the ARM takes effect? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

;):P PHILW

Guest Darryl Sandoval

What you're doing is called a "Wrap Around mortgage". You gave 6K to your brother & took over his loan. You can indeed sell & create another mortgage AKA Land contract and sell for a higher sales price & payments. You can make the owner financed note or Land contract balloon after 3 years at whicj time your brothers original loan will be paid off. You would keep the difference at closing.

Darryl Sandoval

www.ezreinvesting.com

Sign in to follow this