The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Elder

How best to nail up signs??

I plan to start putting out some more signs in the near future and am looking for some advice. I found what looks to be a very cool product online at SignHammer.com that I believe I'll try out. The main problem I had when previously hanging signs was that I had trouble getting them high enough without using a ladder. The product on the website above claims to solve just that problem. Do any of you have other favorite methods for quickly hanging signs up high where they'll (hopefully) stay for awhile? Thanks.

Tim

Greetings, Elder, and welcome to The Naked Investor. We're glad you found us and I'm sure you'll make yourself right at home, and quickly.

That link is interesting. I'm not familiar with the product, so I can't give it either a thumbs up or thumbs down. Perhaps someone else with some personal experience will come along and let us know.

And you're correct about getting those bandit signs up high. Out of the reach of lil' hands will go a long way towards a lengthy life. Other than that nifty new product, a ladder, or a very tall friend, I don't know how else one gets a sign eight or nine feet up a pole.

Thanks Michael. Yeah, I can attest to the need to get the signs high. I put up a bunch of signs "head high" and saw them disappear practically overnight. The signs I put up using a ladder have stayed much longer. My problem is the ladder though. What a pain it is to drag in and out of the car! I'll definitely let you guys know what my experiences are with the SignHammer once it gets here. I expect to have it in hand by the end of the week.

Tim

And you're correct about getting those bandit signs up high. Out of the reach of lil' hands will go a long way towards a lengthy life. Other than that nifty new product, a ladder, or a very tall friend, I don't know how else one gets a sign eight or nine feet up a pole.

I reckon I can add benefit #279 to being 6'6" :angry:

P.S. Hey Mike....could ya change that lil phrase under my avatar to somethin nifty?

I reckon I can add benefit #279 to being 6'6"  :angry:
And what might the first 278 be??
P.S. Hey Mike....could ya change that lil phrase under my avatar to somethin nifty?
Hmm......I see you retired from the SuperHero business and hung up your cape, eh Superman? 'sup wit dat? :D :ph34r:

In the meantime, yes, your title needs to be changed. Suggestions, anyone?

And what might the first 278 be??

-- chicks dig it. :lol:

Currently, yes...the superman avatar is chillin in the closet.

I wanted to go with more of a real estate-type feel with it.

I'm a lil goofy with my sense of humor at times(well, MOST of the time)....that would explain the superman av.

I figured if I posted a "serious" post concerning this great biz and someone were to gander over at that impressive picture (of the superman), they might have 2nd feelings about me and my words. :huh:

....but he still lurks...don't you worry.

Thanks,

Jason

So this is the new and improved, mature and serious Jason that we all now know and love. Gotcha......

In the meantime, I still need to come up with a witty title for your new image. I'm working on it, and I'm also open to suggestions, too.

Heh....

My sense of humor is still gonna come out, no matter how serious I try to be.

Who knows, I may go back to the suit & cape. :ph34r:

As I try to come up with something witty, could you somehow make that wad of cash flip in my avatar?

It was supposed to, until I had to re-fit it so it could fit for the site.

Until then......thinking.......... :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much about being taken seriously, Jason. I mean, you'll be judged on what you write and contribute, as opposed to your avatar. Look at me, for example. I'm going off on tangents about the pleasures of lasagne. I think someone here is taking me seriously on occasion :P .

As I try to come up with something witty, could you somehow make that wad of cash flip in my avatar?
Sure, I'd love to. How???? :lol: Be darned if I know how to do cool things like that.
Until then......thinking..........
Me too......hmmm......how 'bout Seriously Tall.........Dixie Dealer......I Pity The Fool......

I'll work on the flipping part.

Dixie Dealer ROCKS!

P.S. Don't think I'm a red-neck cuz of my newly minted title & that I live in Alabama, mmmk?

I gotta run...we just got one of dem dar talkin boxes.

I'll work on the flipping part.
Cool. How'd you do it? I like it.
Dixie Dealer ROCKS!
Yeah, I thought that one might get your cape flapping. Consider it done.
P.S. Don't think I'm a red-neck cuz of my newly minted title & that I live in Alabama, mmmk?

I gotta run...we just got one of dem dar talkin boxes.

Outhouses have televisions now?! Woot! Alabamy ain't so bad after all, y'all! :lol:

I wouldnt waste $30 on the sign hammer. You can go to Lowes or Home Depot and get you some PVC pipe and elbows and caps and make your own for around $10.

Its a good idea though.

Guest Guest_kennon

I found a device called ( I believe) a grabber. It looks like rubber claws. It is about 3 feet long. I use it to grab my sign by the bottom and put it up 3 feet higher than me on my tip toes on the telephone poll. I also use a modified staple hammer. With the use of a 3 foot pipe and some duct tape. It is easy to use and I can put my signs up higher than me on my tip toes. I can get signs up around 9 feet on the telephone polls.

kennon