The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Ikeda

Interest rates on the rise

Greetings Investors,

Mr. Greenspan has announced that interest rates will start to go up again.

There was another article from him stating that fixed rate loans are more expensive than adjustable rates and that if you pay the higher rate for the fixed, you are paying extra for that security.

The adjustable rates (ARM) should stay stable and steady as they are based on the movements of the money markets.

Just some food for thought.

Andrew

Andrew,

Thanks for this. ..I'm so busy working deals, I haven't had time for the news.

option8

I heard that also from Greenspan that the rates were going to be rising. My dad and I were just talking about it two nighs ago. I've been following the rates fairly closly as of late. I dont know when I'll be getting into my first mortgage but it isn't far away. I am hoping within the next 6 months. My question is, if this is true about rates, do you suggest getting a fixed rate now over an arm? If your thinking of being there longer than 5 years, a fixed rate is the way to go? I know they have 10 year arms, what are the rates on those? Also where do you see real estate going if these rates do infact increase? Real estate will still be as big as it is now correct?

:lol: Shane

Sign in to follow this