The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam King (MI)

New Toyz!

Hey all,

If you know me well enough by now, you'll know that I'm a techie freak!! And I just updated my arsenal of techdom!

I have a Panasonic 2.4 GHz digital phone that has been kind of irritating me lately. I understand that the 2.4's will screw with your wireless network, but this one (including the short life battery I had to replace) got on my final nerve last week.

So two days ago I went to the store to upgrade. I bought two "Xact" 2.4 GHz phones from Kmart and was a little weary because of the price ($39.99) for one and two, I couldn't tell if they were analog (Which sucks) or digital. Well, got them home, charged them and made half a phone call before putting them back into the box. (They were analog) Then it was back to the Big K to get my cash back. On the way there, I was mysteriously sucked into "Wal-mart" (Woke up in the electronics isle :lol:) and found the coolest darn phones on the planet for under $100.00! Mind you, the Panasonic was a $139.00 two years ago!

Here's a link to the phones. http://www.abusinessbee.com/electronics/it...mB0000WZWYM.htm I paid $78.88 for the two and they are the BOMB! The actual size is the size of a small cell phone and get this, they don't screw with my wireless network! I won't get into the other details because you can read that for yourself but I have to say here that they are speaker phones too!! Which works VERY well!

Just thought I'd share.

Adam

PS Just read this one one of the reviews!!!!!!!!!!

The system has some very useful functions. For example, you can take two of the phones to the mall or amusement park and use them like walkie-talkies.

Just got back from the playground down the street. These phones are AWESOME! There is a "direct-link" button that allows the phones to converse with each other when they are out of range of the base unit. (Which wasn't lost until I was about two blocks from the house!)

I walked about 500 to 600 feet from my wife before there was even a hint of static during the direct-link mode!

I know, I'm a nerd....

You'll have that... :lol:

Adam

Down here we yell across the hollar.

...and what's up with not using the 2 cans attached with a string anymore? (dental floss works best)

hehe...

Sounds tempting Adam.

I'll know who to turn to when I decide to upgrade my current southern systems.

Adam, you're a true consultant indeed!

Love ya lots,

Jason

Wow. What a great find!

As any fulltime investors know, the phone is ALWAYS in your ear and good equipment is a necessity. I've been frustrated by my panasonic phone---50 number memory limits, horrible user interface, one large cumbersome handset, flimsy beltclip and a crappy headset and then Adam informs me that it will interfere with my soon-to-come future wireless. The only thing the old phone has going for it is 2 line capability.

A few things get my attention about this toy:

1) 100 number memory storage

2) headset capable

3) doesn't interfere with wireless! -- REALLY?

4) expandable to 4!!! ---this means never a dead handset.

5) small size

Reviews on Amazon give these Uniden phone high ratings. Thanks for sharing.

option8

Hey dudet!

Don't forget that they are also "hand held speaker phones!" This means that you can actually set the phone down about 10 feet or so away from you and continue the conversation! That is SO cool!

I haven't been this excited about a phone in like...well, never. :lol:

Regards,

Adam

Sign in to follow this