The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums

any suggestions? I know it would depend on what I was willing to shell out...

The one I got for an anniversary present last year got stolen....right as I was getting attached.

At first, I thought....Why would I spend hundreds of dollar$ on something when I could just scribble it down on paper. I learned the paper got frustrating to keep up with :D

Ode to palm pilots,

Jason

The one I got for an anniversary present last year got stolen
That would explain the shady character in a trench coat, selling a Palm Pilot with a Superman sticker on its case, for ten bucks :D .

$10 bucks?!?!?

Where?!?!?

:(

Oh well. Wouldn't have done them any good. Only I knew the password to unlock it.

I can always fly up to Michigan and steal Adam's when he's not around.

...then again, if my super-intuition serves me correct, he takes his EVERYWHERE he goes.

Thanks for the lead Mike,

Jason

Jason,

Now this is going to be advice. :D

I have had a palm pilot and a Sharp Zaurus (sp?) The Sharp was $700 and the Palm was $35 used. (It was a Palm 3 xe)

I love the palm, but I didn't really use its capabilities because it was boring. The Zaurus was archaic and irritating until that one fateful day when I...well, sat on it.

Now, I have the coolest one in the world for the money. It's a HP Ipaq 2215. I was going to opt for the 5555, which was over $600 at the time, but I am happy to say that the 2215 got better reviews.

Here's what I use it for.

1. Watching video clips and get this, even FULL LENGTH MOVIES!

2. Listening to mp3s.

3. It controls everything in my house as a remote control.

4. Wirelessly surfing the internet. With WIFI cable modem of course. (BIG NOTE HERE! The Ipaq is the FIRST PDA that I have ever seen that doesn’t require any extra software to surf the net or check my AOL. It runs an actual version of windows! Not CE or Palm OS!) It can do almost anything my laptop can do!

5. Games :(

6. Internet Radio

7. Voice recorder

8. Reviewing and uploading my photos from my digital camera. I have an XD memory/compact flash adapter. This allows me to pull the memory card out of my digital camera, put it into the Ipaq and review the pictures I just took! Once I'm done, I can upload the XD card's contents onto my Secure Digital card or the hard drive itself.

9. Did I mention games?

10. And of course....REI. I use pocket Quicken for my books and Microsoft Outlook to keep my appointments. Which has become VERY irritating lately. Not the Ipaq, but the appointments....my eyes are SO red right now..... :huh:

11. I have an HP 450 printer that has infrared. This means that I can type up contracts with my wireless keyboard that I got for the Ipaq and beam the contracts to the printer. The printer is also battery powered so I could close a deal in the middle of the woods, or a lake, or....okay, I'm getting carried away. But I did close two deals in a Kmart last week....fast Eddie’s actually. That one takes the cake....

That's all I can think of at the moment!

Regards,

Adam

...I STILL can't set the time on my digital watch and don't even 'drive' the VCR correctly after...yeah ages :(

Moi