The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam King (MI)

Very Cool Book!

Hey all,

Just thought I'd share a cool book I just read. This book is NOT what it looks like. It's not a typical motivational book at all. As a matter of fact, I would LOVE to see a movie made out of this book.

I've read a lot of motivational books like Think and Grow Rich, Rich Dad Poor Dad (Which is a mirror image of my life by the way) and this one is far different, but with a similar message.

http://www.fetchbook.info/compare.do?search=0785264280

This book has made me think more than any other in quite some time. I am actually thinking of giving it away now that I've finished it. Great story!

It was a truly cool and fast read too!

Regards,

Adam

Thanks Adam for the referral.

That website ALONE is gonna save me at least a couple hundred-thousand a month!

Would you care to give a brief run-down of the book?

It didn't say anything about it...and plus, I'm too lazy to mosey on over to Amazon.com to read what it's about.

Later,

Jason

Jason,

Yeah, now that you mention it that site is pretty cool huh? I need to check them out a little better to see if they do more stuff!

The book is really cool. It's slightly similar to the story "A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart". But the influences are more geared towards financial, spiritual and "serviceable" attributes. Of course, that’s what I thought about until the very end….whoa.

It starts out where this man "David Ponder" gets laid off from his job. He has a hard time getting work and his finances start to deplete. He soon finds himself losing everything including the ability to take care of his wife and now sick little girl. One night he becomes so desperate because his daughter needs to have surgery that he can't afford, that he begins to drive his "new crappy car" dangerously over the speed limit. He starts to think that maybe if he's dead his family will at least get the life insurance money. He then skids out of control after hitting some black ice and heads for a tree. And then nothing.....

He wakes up in Harry S. Truman's office right before he is going to give the decision to drop the atomic bomb on Japan. President Truman is the only person that can see him and is the first of seven including Abraham Lincoln and Ann Frank (And one person even more special) that gives him a gift. That's all I'm going to say.

The ending gave me chills. It was brilliantly plotted and I can guarantee you'll be shaking your head. It’s not a tearjerker, but it is extremely powerful. It will take me a long time, if ever to shake of its importance to me.

I'll leave you with this. It will make you either realize your potential and act on it, or hate yourself for not doing so. This book comes with a price beside what's on the cover. You can either afford it, or you can't. It’s that simple. Great book….

Regards,

Adam

I was at first thinking it was another non-fiction, motivational, spiritual-type book....my (now) library is full of those type.

Your words have now caused me to check it out now.

Sounds like an excellent book just from your description of it.

...and thanks for telling me about it up to a certain point, and not ruining it. :D:lol:

Jason

Sign in to follow this