The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Calling FSBOs and FRBOs

Keep in mind you can offer your consultation services for properties that are geographically undesirable.  Help the homeowner to help themselves, and be paid for sharing your know how.

What do you find is a good fee for consultation services, MC? You're in my market, basically. Are they willing to pay $1000.00, $2000.00 or more?

How do you charge for consulting? What are fees based on? :lol:

cheers

You can charge hourly, or charge a flat fee. I prefer a flat fee, and usually in an amount equal to one month's rent. Of course, that's a rough guide. We need to be flexible. If the property is pulling in, say, $2,800 per month, you may have a hard time getting that kind of money in advance. I'm not opposed to halving that, if necessary. Another factor would be your estimate of the time consumption of the consultation. Do you need to drive one hour each way to meet with the homeowner? Or, is this the cute neighbor you've been eyeing for the past six months? Look at the big picture and make an informed decision.

Or, is this the cute neighbor you've been eyeing for the past six months? 

6 Months !!??

I have been eyeing this one since she moved in ! :ph34r:

:D;)

Ssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....don't tell my wife ! :o

Cheers,