The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
puls1234

Billboard

Here is what the billboard looks like! It should start at the end of the week. Hopefully this will flood me with motivated sellers!

post-14-1083599555.jpg

sweeeeet :lol:

I'm sure it's bound to get a buncha calls with the words you're using.

It's mainly geared for your CA deals, yes Pete?

How many bones did one of those set ya back?

Go get em!

and thanks,

Jason

Man oh man...I hate being this guy, but I've got to play devil's advocate. There is no way you could have gotten me to use that billboard...and for one reason only, because you are way to similar to the competition's color, fonts, etc. That is bad juju.

The reason is, you are confusing your customers and they will corrolate you automatically with "ugly houses" without even thinking. People subconsciously remember colors before words and phrases, so as soon as they see your billboard, they will ignore it (if they have seen any "ugly houses" billboards) or they will just assimiliate it with the ugly house people...which means, they won't write down your number because they can just look it up when they get home.

If you don't differentiate yourself from the competition, you become the competition because the amount of people who hate or would never call the "ugly house" people won't call yours either because they will automatically see the colors and associate it before even reading or thinking about it and it will get filed in their brain as ignored. And if you think I am wrong, think how many times you drive by a red and yellow billboard and think "ugly houses" and don't even know the phone number? or what the message actually said? but you do remember the company don't you? Yep, it's "we buy ugly houses" and that's why their stuff works so good, because it's repetitive and simple.

If you want to really increase your sales, find completely different colors to use...I swear you will instantly see a difference. Now the other piece that I want to make sure is that you have put these billboards in places that you are looking for homes right?

You have to remember, that these companies that bombard us with advertising everyday, most of the best ones have spent millions upon millions of dollars in learning the psychology of humans and our behaviours, so they know exactly how to reach us at the right time. I know it sounds stupid, but before you spend $400 bucks on a billboard, spend $40-$60 bucks on a couple of great psychology of marketing, etc books and read it through 4 times until you get it. It will be the best money you've ever spent.

If you don't want to do that, call me, I'll charge you $400 bucks and show you how to market yourself perfectly :lol:

Best,

Christian,

Where we are there has never been a "We buy ugly houses" billboard so your point does not apply to where I am. Also, yes its in a terrific area where I want to do cooperative assignments. And yes this board is geared to get me people to do cooperative assignments with.

I think the colors are catchy and powerful and will get loads and loads of attention. I think it will be a homerun. The great thing about this billboard is that the message is simple and it reaches right out and grabs the homeowner with its message and gangster lettering. It is unique and unique colorful boards stand out and get calls. I imagine the phone will ring off the hook.

Christian, in fact I recommend you step up and get a billboard yourself. Remember a billboard is the only form of advertising that is 24 hrs a day 7 days a week! It only cost me $300/mo for this board too!

Pete

Step up? :lol:<_<

I'll ignore that for a second and go to what you said. If that is true that there are no "ugly house" billboards in your area, then you are correct, you should be fine. BUT if for some reason you decide to get bigger or become bigger, then you will run into that problem, so I'm just trying to save you the agony down the road.

And why would you spend $300 dollars a month for one billboard that last only one month, when you can spend $300 bucks on a mobile billboard that is permanent advertising, even if you do go broke!

Need an Example? http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/index...p?showtopic=683

It's not about being the biggest, the best, or the brightest...it's about being the smartest, especially with your advertising because that will make or break you.

I get over 200 calls a week and I have never used a billboard, and at least 50+ calls a week from my 3 cars that drive around everyday in my farm locations with my info.

I'm not harping on you in any way, I'm just really trying to help you out, especially if you have plans of getting any bigger and expanding ever.

Christian,

My billboard lasts forever. It is vinyl not poster. So I can move it to different locations of the city if I choose depending on the area I want to target. I did not mean "step up" in that way at all. Step up and give it a try is what I meant. 2 different meanings!

Pete

Christian,

I see what you mean by mobile. I am purchasing a newer used truck and I am getting signage for the truck that will say the same thing as my billboard.

We Buy Homes Above Market Price!

250-9553

I agree that it is a super idea to do that. Constant mobile advertising.

Pete

The other advantage for the billboard is the number of eyeballs it hits. This particular billboard gets 35,000 views a day!!!! And as you say Christian, its all about numbers my friend.

Also, I will continue to run my "We Buy Houses Above Market Price" Display ad in the weekly paper here further branding my message in the city.

Pete

Hey Pete,

I try not to cut you down....I LIKE IT.....forward to the point......Ahhhh one thing that Christian didn't ding you on is, you should buy houses (less attachment) and sell homes (mmmmm warm and fuzzy).

I HOPE THEY BRING IN SOME CALLS

Thanks for the thought Tony!

Pete

Hey Christian,

If the 3 cars bring in 50+ calls per week, where do the other 150 calls per week come from? I've noticed that it's hard to differentiate yourself in the newspapers, etc...

Hey Pete,

Will you keep us posted as to what kind of draw your billboard gets?

Thanks guys,

Gary

PS Hey Pete, did you get Perkin's to help sponsor the billboard? :)

I should have Gary!!!!! And yes I will keep you updated and let you know the first day it is up. Should be sometime later this week.

Pete

My billboard lasts forever. It is vinyl not poster. So I can move it to different locations of the city if I choose depending on the area I want to target.

My Dad had a deal with the billboard company to move his store's billboard to a different location every couple of months. Many times people commented on the number of billboards he had. They thought because they kept seeing it in different areas, there were several.

Same thing worked for the advertising on the delivery truck. It was out all day and as it was seen repeatedly, people just assumed the store was much larger company than it actually was.

Both types of advertising pulled people in, but I don't believe one necessarily worked better than the other.

Billboard is up! 1 call already! It looks great!

Pete

Guest Guest_Lydia
Hey Christian,

If the 3 cars bring in 50+ calls per week, where do the other 150 calls per week come from? I've noticed that it's hard to differentiate yourself in the newspapers, etc...

Thanks guys,

Gary

I'd like to know this, too. Do you have a breakdown somewhere?

Lydia