The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
puls1234

Billboard

Okay, this will sound stupid...but advertising, smart advertising :lol:

Tons of word of mouth, everything I pass out, everything I hang up, etc. I can't tell you all my secrets cause that's what I do for a living <_<

What I know is marketing, especially how to attract people. I know the psychology of marketing to people and how people react to information, colors, shapes, blah-blah-blah. Some people are great at numbers, some people are great at the technical details, but me...I am good at getting the right message across at the right time with the right results.

If you all want to learn how to do this real estate business, simply follow these five steps:

1. Pick a topic that works for you (lease-options, wholesaling, short-sales, rehab, etc) and learn everything you can...EVERYTHING. Don't get persuaded to learn the biggest and brightest new fad...just learn that one thing.

2. Before you spend tons of money on books, tapes, forms...spend money on a couple really good marketing books, especially the psychology of marketing books. Read them 3 times each so that you know every little piece of info.

3. Find a really good Real Estate attorney and Real Estate CPA and don't stop interviewing them until you find one you like and deals with people like you all the time. They will save your butt on so many things and use them whenever you need to.

4. Go out and just do what you know. Yeah, it sucks to "fail" but I never have though of it as failure, at least I don't now. I think that each time someone says no, I am learning something about myself and the way I come across.

5. Join a toastmaster's club or join some kind of club that makes you speak in front of people. The more you learn how to interact with people, the better you will be able to talk to them and get your point across. Just like a horse, people can sense strenth, fear, scaredness, and unsureness. So get rid of that, quickly.

Sound simple doesn't it? Well, that's because people it really is. Half of us spend way too much time turning everything into a big production that we realize it doesn't take that much. Haven't you ever seen or heard of some moroon or complete fool you know doing something and making great money from it or doing unbelievably well? You know why? Because truthfully they are so stupid that they don't care about making a fool of themselves...they just do it.

Okay, now that I've said that, I'm going back to my slip and slide I just bought with a small plastic pool at the end. Yep, I'm 28...but I am having a blast everytime I slide down that thing...not because I'm stupid, just because I could care less ;)

Best,