The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Sad day for techies...

Hey all,

This hurts me more than ever to say, but while I was shopping at the grocery store last night, someone lifted my Ipaq and wallet out of my cart. I still can't figure out how since I was only ever a couple feet away from it. We're still trying to identify them since we have them on camera, but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of funny how minimal things like that get attached to you....or should I say, you get attached to them.

Oh well, there was a little funny kind of relief having it stolen....

Bummer...

Adam

Bummer indeed, Adam. B) Things like that bring out the Sicilian in me! I hope you had backups of your data, and password protection on any personal data you had stored.

As for the missing wallet, what a pain in the ass that is to have to get on the phone and begin cancelling this and replacing that! More empathetic I could not be, Adam. Take the afternoon off, play with your little girl, and have a cold one, my friend. You'll feel better in the morning.

Here are some numbers for you:

The numbers are:

Equifax 1-800 525-6285

Experian (formerly TRW) 1-800-301-7195

Trans Union 1-800-680-7289

Social Security Administration also has a fraud line at 1-800-269-0271

I haven't checked the numbers in about 18 month but they should be good

Tony and MC,

Thanks for your.....sniff sniff...support.

Tony, I have had flags on the "big three" creditors since last year. People would have an easier time getting a bazooka on a plane than to steal my identity...uh, I won't go there...oops, I already did. B)

And MC, I had a great day with the little one, thanks. I have actually had to think for myself today without the Ipaq. I guess I'll just have to resort to the "old ways" of the force for now on.

Kind of makes you feel fuzzy inside doesn't it? :)

Regards,

Adam

Adam,

Bummer indeed, Adam.

don't feel bad I heard MC once had his abacus stolen and had to carry colored marbles. :lol:

Adam,

Bummer indeed, Adam.

don't feel bad I heard MC once had his abacus stolen and had to carry colored marbles. :lol:

Is that a knock on my less-than-high-tech-lifestyle? Those reports are greatly exaggerated. By the way, can someone tell me what time it is? My sundial doesn't work at night....

Is that a knock on my less-than-high-tech-lifestyle? Those reports are greatly exaggerated. By the way, can someone tell me what time it is? My sundial doesn't work at night....

Well, heck far Michael.

I didn't know you lived in Alabama too.

Maybe someday me & you could kick back, drink some cold ones, and watch The Dukes of Hazard .

Later

Sorry I cant be of help MC, up here in the NW, it's been raining and then the sun comes out and then more rain and the cycle goes on and on. My sundial has been fluctuating and I cannot tell if it's day or night here so dont feel stressed about the time.

Just remember that time is money :lol:

Andrew