The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mamasanta25

getting hung up on

I don't know what is going on here, but I swear, I am not doing anything to deserve it. I just got basically hung up on by some ass who thinks he is all that or something. I was inquiring about a property in the paper up for rent to own. He calls me back and says it's rented out, and I ask him if he has any other properties for rent to own, and he asks me, you want to get in a house, or what, and i tell him yes, we are currently renting from our cousin, and he says, well, why don'tcha buy the place from your cousin? First of all, what the hell business is it of his, and second of all, the guy on the phone himself as an investor should know, duplexes generate decent income. Anyway, I told him our cousin wants to keep the place, and he says, yeah well, my place is rented, click.................what the hell was that??????

That, Samantha, was a moron. NOT a rare species, by the way. You're correct. You did nothing to deserve this.

My advice is to always take a nonadversarial approach with homeowners.

In fact, it has come to the point where I almost want the occasional jerk on the other end for comic relief. When I get a live one, I like to play dumb and ask really annoying questions.

You will learn, in short order, not to let this type faze you even the slightest. Play with him for a minute or two, then forget about him and move on.