The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
nck-mail

(GULP) Got a call back - Now what?!

Well, it happened. Of the 3 messages I left with sellers' answering machines, one of 'em actually called me back. They're now living in California - long distance, absentee owners, so they're perfect candidates for what I have to offer.

I suppose that after I get over my panic at the situation... I'll look in the manual and see what to do next. I need to wait a couple hours before I call them back because of the time difference from Virginia to California.

Heaven help me, this stuff actually works. ;)

-Naomi

GULP Got a call back

Congratulations....

Now what?!

Take a deep breath!

Call them ask them to tell you about their property?

Ask why they are selling?

Find out what they have tried so far?

Try to find out what their situation and motivation is?

Try to find out how you can help them...

Just have a converstion.....

Heaven help me, this stuff actually works.

YES IT DOES!

option8

Just got off the phone with Naomi, actually. We discussed a number of things. Basically, though, what Option8 said is right on. Have a friendly conversation, elicit the information needed about the property and about the homeowners mindset. Believe me, they are more stressed than you, Naomi. They are the folks with the vacant property 3,000 miles away! They will be very interested in how you can help them with this problem.

Way to Go Naomi!

Let us know what happens. I just start with an out of state home owner also.

<Steve>

Michael did a 3-way call with/for me. We/he determined that the sellers aren't motivated enough to continue spending time on. Listening to him talk with the seller, the questions he asked, was a really good education for me.

I e-mailed the homeowner a LP Advantage and made a note in my tickler to follow up in 4 - 6 weeks. It'll be rented or sold by then.

No deal, but good education. (Thanks, again, Mike!)

-Naomi

What Naomi said..........the guy just wasn't motivated to any degree at all. Who could blame him? His house has been continuously rented for the past three years without any vacancy problems. And since he put it on the market for sale recently he has received two full price offers that weren't accepted, (one was contingent upon the sale of the buyer's existing residence; the other buyer didn't want to close for 90 days). He's feeling puffed up and confident.

The clincher to confirming his lack of interest was his rejection of our offer to do a CA for a price about $15K above his asking price. No biggie......Naomi is wiser for the experience and is moving on to making many more calls and speaking to many more sellers.............isn't that right, Naomi??