The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
texan

New Member Introduction

I just wanted to introduce myself. Today is my first day here and from what I've seen so far this forum appears to be an extremely helpful and friendly community.

I'm currently educating myself on real estate investing. I hope to be a full-time investor some day, but for now I'm learning through books, sites like this and investors that live near me (Houston).

Texan,

Welcome aboard. I'm here in MI and actually had to staple myself to the to the carpet earlier in fear of being blown away!

But seriously, there are a lot of great posts, information and challenges here! It's usually enough to get started on the right track!

See ya on the board!

Adam

Greetings, texan, and welcome to The Naked Investor! We're glad you found us.

I've never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I kind of had a sneaking suspicion you were from Texas when I read your screen name. :wub:

Your early perceptions of this place are right on, too! We are a fun and friendly group. Hang around and you'll pick up all sorts of helpful information, advice, and opinions on your road trip.

Nice avatar, by the way.

Welcome texan

I'm from Cajun country but currently been working in Houston, TX for 15 years. As yourself I'm a newbee but you've come to the right place. With the help of the people on this site I've completed my first deal (sandwich deal) and currently looking for another. Here is a thread of my first deal

http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/index...?showtopic=1232

This site is the real thing and it does work in the Houston area. Also you might want to look into the Realty Investment Club of Houston (Rich) at web site http://www.richclub.org/. I've been a member from last October and strongly recommend it. You could even go as a guest if you'd like to check out the club.

Todd

Hi Texan

welcome from us too...just wanted to let you know that Michael has scheduled a conference call for next week...June 15 if i am correct.

It would be good for you to come join in, we're quite looking forward to it , as we had missed the last one.

Have fun!

Chris & Kerry.

Arkansas

MichaelC wrote:

Nice avatar, by the way.

Thanks. I got it here.

tgaspard wrote:

I've completed my first deal (sandwich deal) ...

I love reading success stories like yours. They give me hope :wub: Especially since that property is in my backyard. ( I live near Spring )

tgaspard also wrote:

Also you might want to look into the Realty Investment Club of Houston (Rich) at web site http://www.richclub.org/. I've been a member from last October and strongly recommend it. You could even go as a guest if you'd like to check out the club.

I've heard of Rich but I've never been. It seems that guests are welcome so I've got nothing stopping me. Have you heard of Lifestyles Unlimited? They are also a real estate investment and mentoring group in Houston. I attended their free seminar and I enjoyed it. Their approach is one of buy and rent for the long term, build up equity, and buy up to larger, multi family units (apartments).

MichaelC wrote:

Nice avatar, by the way.

Thanks. I got it here.

Be careful with that link, texan. We have a member on board who has an Obsessive/Compulsive thing happening with avatars. I'm speaking, of course, of the Dixie Dealer himself, Jason (AL). You just dangled a Snickers bar in front of a raging chocoholic..... :wub: