The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Summer

800 # services for marketing

I would like to know what 800 # services investors out there are using.

There are some services that have pre-recorded extentions which seems quite efficient, but wouldn't quite convey my personality on the message.

Then there are other service that allow you to do all of your own messages.

Any comments? Referrals for particular services?

Thanks!

Summer

Just want to put this question out there again since no one responded the first time.

What is everyone doing in terms of receiving phone calls?

Using 800# answering services? Home phone lines?

I'm very curious and what service are you using?

Your local phone company, a voicemail service?

Thanks!

Summer

Summer,

We are using a system that we signed up with thru www.resultsnow.com

Here is the link Voice Pro

It costs 14.95/mo with an 800 number and changable scripts to pre-qualify your calls.

Option8

Summer, I'm a big believer that when you are starting out it is always best to work within your budget and keep expenses to a minimum. Certain expenditures are required, others are not.

I don't know that any novice needs an 800 number or answering service when starting. We may not be that busy just yet to justify it. An answering machine would probably suffice in the meantime.

When you get busy enough to need an answering service, you'll know it. Then, shop around and you'll find plenty of good information and a good deal or two.

My two cents..........

Thanks for the comments.

The system Option8 is using is the one that I've been looking at and seems most affordable. I didn't realize you could change the scripts, though. That's an additional benefit.

Thanks!

Summer

I have another challenge in the form of a 2-year old son. It isn't always the best time for me to take a call...so the voice mail filters the calls, takes a message and sends both an email notification and a cell phone SMS (to both me and my partner) with a great deal of information. We get the Phone number of the caller, sometimes the address of the caller, the extension they accessed, the marketing code they entered (so we know how they heard about us) and the date and time.

We also can get this information summarized on the web or faxed to us.

It helps me create balance and not have to speak with callers with a Disney classic playing in the background :D

option8

I undestand your situation exactly. Mine is a 3 1/2 year old who currently thinks he's Harry Potter and I'm Hermione Grainger!

So, like you, I really need a system to take the calls for me and then when I have the quiet time I can sort through the messages and figure a gameplan. Especially in the beginning when concentration is so vital.

Well,here's to us work at home moms and dads!

Summer

Cheers to work-at-home parents! I have a two and a half year old and an 8 month old. I was just wondering how those 800 numbers have been working for you guys? I don't have one yet. I am wondering if that wouldn't be helpful to my business. Summer, I called yours just to get a general idea of what to say, and that sounds great! I am just wondering how many calls you get, and how that has worked so far. Thanks.

I checked our system logs to get some quantities for you.

We started with Proquest t the beginning of Feb and have had 15 call to the system since them...a couple are duplicates (I think people call, hang up, then call again). It is working for us.

option8

Samantha,

My line was just set-up, so I am now at the phase of putting the phone # on all of my marketing info - biz cards, letterhead, flyers, etc.

And, as soon as that is complete I will start having the number out there.

Will let you know the results soon.

Thanks!

Summer

The only part that I don't like about the service, which actually is a big deal to some of us, is that we can't use our own 800# and transfer it over.

But there is a very easy solution. What you can do is this. If you already have your own 800# or toll-free # and don't feel like changing...good news....all 800#'s can be forwarded.

So all you have to do is sign up for the provoice service, get your 866# from provoice and then just make sure that you set your current 800# or toll-free to forward to that number. This way you don't have to sacrifice years of marketing materials and hard work just because you got a new number! :lol:

Sometimes I even amaze myself...hahaha.

Remember, impossible is just an opinion.

Chris

Hi, amazing Chris :lol: . Like your avatar. Is that an owl in the tree? I have a thing for owls and turtles. Feng Shui, or something like that, Mrs. C tells me.