The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
nck-mail

Something Special

Today was spent not doing anything having to do with real estate for me. I spent most of my day in the hospital. Now that sounds bad, but it's not. I was in Radiology having the ultrasound done for my 20th week of pregnancy.

And I found out - at least with the tech and radiologist 80% sure - that I'm having a girl!!

-Naomi

PS She's very healthy, the radiologist was pleased. Her development is right on track with where it should be; she's due November 7th.

Any suggestions for names? Jennifer, Hannah, and anything else ordinary are already nixed. We're looking for something very feminine but unique. For example, my name is Naomi, but we can't have two of us in the house!!

Naomi,

That's incredible. We had our first child "Olivia" on Sept 11th, 2002. (See below) It's the most incredible experience life has so far offered to me. I can't explain the power of living in the moment that childbirth can give to you. (We did the husband coached childbirth with a midwife so I was involved 100%)

Everyone said the same thing to me about having her on Sept 11th, which is the same thing I'm going to say about your post. Something wonderful happened that day.

I love your name and I trust you'll name your daughter what will be appropriate. Names or not, they're miracles.

Thanks a million for sharing, I am gratefully happy for you.

Regards,

Adam

PS Just my opinion, but I love Jennifer ;)

post-4-1087877859.jpg

Today was spent not doing anything having to do with real estate for me.
You'd better not let me find out about this :angry: .......... ;):lol:
And I found out - at least with the tech and radiologist 80% sure - that I'm having a girl!!
First things first! 80% sure? What does that mean? Does the apple have a stem, or doesn't it? :D Anyway......

You sure do sound like one proud mama-to-be, Naomi. Heck, you even posted in the Lease Purchasing forum that you posted in the Corner Bar forum! Now, that's marketing! :P

I know from our previous conversations, Naomi, that you were with child. Makes me admire your efforts to succeed at this time. Being pregnant while at the same time doing what needs to be done to find and complete a deal is tough work. I'm proud of your effort and progress. It was just a month ago you were a meek lil' mouse who stressed out over picking up the phone to speak with a FSBO. Now, you're popping out babies while auditioning for The Apprentice.

As for choosing a name, that's always a fun job. My two girls are Josseline and Julianna. You may want to consider those, (he says with his personal bias). Here in south Florida, every other girl is named Maria, (it's a Cuban/Colombian thing, I guess). My mom was Filomena, (that's an Italian thing, I guess). And I've always liked Angelina and Suzanne. And if you want to get exotic, I'd recommend Candy, Platinum, or Zorena. OK....I'm out of suggestions.

Finally, if any member recommends a name that is selected by Naomi for her new daugther, there's a free copy of The Naked Investor in it for the winner. Naomi, keep us posted.

Hi Naomi:)

good job girl!

I always said that if I had another bub, I'd name him OR her Harley/ or Harlee for a girl.

I luv that name !

Our 15 yr old baby girl is Stevie.

I like something different, but not 'off the wall'.

Thanks for posting your progress, I don't think Chris and i will be having more babies, so we'll just have that one with you if that's OK LOL. :D

First things first! 80% sure? What does that mean? Does the apple have a stem, or doesn't it?

Well, as amazing as ultrasounds are, they're not foolproof. We couldn't get a good view to be absolutely sure (like with Ethan, who was absolutely shameless...)

The baby's legs were tightly crossed the entire time, despite my moving around and changing position. The way I see it, if it is indeed a girl I hope she stays that way! It was because I didn't keep my legs crossed that I'm in this situation! :D

-Naomi

We named our children Callie (Short for Calliope, the greek muse of epic poetry) and our son, Noah. Noah was pretty uncommon at the time, but there seems to be a gazillion now.

Noah can also be a girl's name. There is one mentioned in the Bible, and there was one who went to my church--Noah Kelly, who also had a country music video out about 6 years ago.

Lydia

Hey Naomi, congrats!

My wife and I had our first daughter about 4 months ago...Emma Ireland.

She's magnificent...but a handful. Part of the reason I've been tardy from the forums lately...

Anyway, best of luck to you!

Congrats Naomi,

I used to always suggest my name when people were trying to think of different names. But just recently "Lexie" has become the papular name of choice. Mine however is "Lexie Ann" not Alexis or whatever else they have. We named our little girl "Emily Nicole". My husband picked it at first I was a little against it cause I didn't want my girl to ave the most common name on the earth, but it grew on me and now i think it is a beautiful name.

But again congrats.

Lexie(UT)

Congratulations, Naomi.

I wish you the best.

I've yet to have any children (that I know of :D ), but my fiance & I already have a name picked out for a girl.............."Haleigh Alexis".

You can borrow it if ya want, just as long as you don't live near-by. ;):lol:

Jimmy Olsen.....er......Adam:

I still don't believe that's you, sir.

I admire the pics of you and your family too man...beautiful stuff.

You must be proud.

Congrats to you too (while I'm handing them out).

Man, you can cut the love in this thread with a butter knife :angry:

Congratulations!

As to names, we picked one not common at that time (800 years ago!), only to have a movie come out with that name (Lisa), so then every other girl had the same name as our first child! :D

Later I read that uncommon names hinder a child in school and career, due to teacher etc. bias. And to think: I could have ruined the child's life!

Next children were given more usual names.... All grew up and did whatever they wanted to, no matter the name...

So I have no advice for you... only congratulations! On both the baby and the great life you are creating for her or him by your wonderful progress in real estate!

Alice

Naomi,

I gotta join in on this party!

Congratulations!

Last year, it was all the guys having babies so it's good to see one of our ladies having a baby. :D

Like Alice, I dont have a suggestion for names but I'm sure you will come up with something that you like.

Being a parent is awesome - enjoy the miracle!

Andrew

Last year, it was all the guys having babies so it's good to see one of our ladies having a baby.  :D
Andrew, which guys on the board gave birth?? Dude, we're joinin' the circus! We are gonna' be rich!! Men giving birth. Who'd a thunk it? Does this have anything to do with that Atkins Diet?

Andrew, which guys on the board gave birth?? Dude, we're joinin' the circus! We are gonna' be rich!! Men giving birth. Who'd a thunk it? Does this have anything to do with that Atkins Diet?

Actually, Michael, what Andrew meant was .....um..............well......

.......nevermind.

You have fun with the "Big Top"!!!!!!! :D:angry: