The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jason (AL)

New challenge

I'm issuing a challenge to those who have yet to do a CA, to get at least one CA signed up with a seller within 30 days.

If you sign more, then more power to you. But, let's just get this 1st one. (Gotta crawl before you can walk :blink: )

Personally, I'm gunning to sign 3 CAs up before it's all said and done.

1 CA in 30 Days - starting Thursday, July 1st. Ending August 1st.

*Be sure to report back and keep us updated of your progress here on the board.*

-Sandwich L/Os are also acceptable.

Adam said he was gonna kick my @$$ if I didn't do this.

...keep dreamin' buddy. :)

But I get your drift.

Great idea, Jason! Making yourself accountable on a public forum is a good way to light the fires within. And if anyone needs any help, that's what we're here for. Make use of collective power of brain cells we share here!

I want to say "good luck", but I think "work hard" is more appropo.

What the hell, count me in! Can we add pure option flips to the list of acceptable deals?

I'd like to put it on public record also, that I intend to put up 500 signs by the end of July.

What the hell, count me in! Can we add pure option flips to the list of acceptable deals?

I'd like to put it on public record also, that I intend to put up 500 signs by the end of July.

Excellent, Doug!!

I'm in. I am in the middle of finishing up a new sandwich deal I signed yesterday. I have some prequalified buyers going to look at it today. I am really hoping to get it moved by this evening. We'll see.

Anyway, I am up for another, and I will seek out the CA.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Mike (UT)

What the hay...I'm in also. This is a great way to hold myself accountable.

I will probably have lots of questions...so I hope you don't get sick of them :blink:

Thanks!!!

Count me in too! I appreciate the reminder Jason that I've pulled what MC calls a "typical Newbie mistake" - I've stopped marketing for new deals once I signed two up! :blink: This is the boost I needed!

Jason and All,

Good stuff! We are here to help you and whoever else gets involved. I think that this community is one of the most powerful REI communities out there with support. If it can't be done here, it can't be done.

Regards,

Adam

Bout' time. :blink:

Throw me in this lot as well. Actually, I've got a couple potentials on line right now and have been talking with a realtor over the past couple days that could turn out to be a good lead generator. She's already thrown my name to a couple of her listings...or course they are interested...as a last resort...we'll see in a couple months if they're houses don't sell.

Hey, here's one for ya.

I left a door hanger on a FSBO mailbox last week and the homeowner called me back the same afternoon. She was mildly interrested in a L/O and is asking below market for the house. After sending me some information, I noticed her payments seemed a bit high for the price house she has...about 500/mo high! I asked her about it and she said they've got a terribly high interest rate. Anyway, I talked with her some more about doing a CA, however, I told her we probably couldn't get near her payment as a lease amount. Anybody got any tricks up their sleeves for situations like this?

Later,

We are here to help you and whoever else gets involved.  I think that this community is one of the most powerful REI communities out there with support.  If it can't be done here, it can't be done.

Regards,

Adam

Bout' time.  :)

Nice thought, Adam! Maybe I should incorporate that into the site: "If it can't be done here, it can't be done." :(:blink:

I left a door hanger on a FSBO mailbox last week and the homeowner called me back the same afternoon.  She was mildly interrested in a L/O and is asking below market for the house.  After sending me some information, I noticed her payments seemed a bit high for the price house she has...about 500/mo high!  I asked her about it and she said they've got a terribly high interest rate.  Anyway, I talked with her some more about doing a CA, however, I told her we probably couldn't get near her payment as a lease amount.  Anybody got any tricks up their sleeves for situations like this?

Later,

Mr. Saint, my first thought is to suggest a refi to a more reasonable interest rate and resulting lower monthly payment. Can she?

Sure Doug, a deal is a deal is a deal...

I put CA only because that's what I'm focused on currently.

It's nice to see others are jumping in on this as well.

That way, if I'm the only one who hasn't signed a deal up by the time August 1st rolls around, I won't be the only one in front of the firing squad. :blink:

Jason and All,

Good stuff! We are here to help you and whoever else gets involved. I think that this community is one of the most powerful REI communities out there with support. If it can't be done here, it can't be done.

Regards,

Adam

I couldn't agree more, Adam. This site is the coolest.

Besides, I don't think I would have lasted this long on another board. :)

And thanks for all the "pros" out there supporting us.

I'm sure we'll bombard y'all with questions.

Out for now....

Adam

I think that this community is one of the most powerful REI communities out there with support.

Agreed. It's a little like DealMaker's Cafe in the early days.

Jason

That way, if I'm the only one who hasn't signed a deal up by the time August 1st rolls around, I won't be the only one in front of the firing squad.

Stop that! You're not allowed to talk like that on the first day of your own challenge!

That way, if I'm the only one who hasn't signed a deal up by the time August 1st rolls around, I won't be the only one in front of the firing squad.

Stop that! You're not allowed to talk like that on the first day of your own challenge!

Oops...I didn't mean to sound negative in that remark.

I have faith that someone, if not more, will end up with a deal or 2 that accepted the challenge.

I pictured all who accepted the challenge and wound up not getting a deal signed up were actually in front of the firing squad.

Michael, Adam, Pete, etc. would compose of that respective firing squad. :ph34r:

Funny if ya think about it. :blink:

Besides, it wouldn't matter....

I'm the Man of Steel.

The "bullets" (in this case, words from others when I didn't sign up a deal) would merely bounce off. :)

Mr. Saint, my first thought is to suggest a refi to a more reasonable interest rate and resulting lower monthly payment.  Can she?

I hadn't though about that; whenever I suggest someone do a refi, I'm usually thinking cash out. I'll mention that next time I speak with her.

Thanks,