The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jason (AL)

New challenge

Jason
That way, if I'm the only one who hasn't signed a deal up by the time August 1st rolls around, I won't be the only one in front of the firing squad.

Stop that! You're not allowed to talk like that on the first day of your own challenge!

Tell him, Doug! Tell him! :P

Guest Guest_Jason (AL)

You should know me by now, sir...

But could you provide some #s and specifics of this deal you signed up?

Both on the "buy" and the eventual sell side.

By the way, I'm working...don't you worry. :P

Congrats to ya.

*Not logged into my account. Over at a friend's house, in case you started wondering where my pic was :lol:

Jason,

Not a biggie. 2 bed 1 bath. If I'm lucky I'll make a couple grand.

This is the last I give too much to the seller.

Regards,

Adam

I'm issuing a challenge to those who have yet to do a CA, to get at least one CA signed up with a seller within 30 days.

------------------------

1 CA in 30 Days - starting Thursday, July 1st. Ending August 1st.

I'm no superman but my bat-calender said there were 31 days in July :D . Superman if you can't remember the little rhyme and you don't have a COOL utility belt, try using the knuckles method i.e. knuckles are 31 days, valleys are 30 or less. :P:lol:

Just kidden'

I would like to say I am in but, (there is always a but) I will be having surgery a little later this month and will be down for 6-8 weeks

I would like to say I am in but,  (there is always a but) I will be having surgery a little later this month and will be down for 6-8 weeks

Batman's gettin' his wings clipped, eh? Hope it isn't too serious, Tony.

Your's truly is going under the knife, also. In about a week and a half I'm having my shoulder 'scoped. Seems I have a potporri of pings, pains, and frays that won't go away on their own. Doc says if I want to get back to the gym and remain young and sexy, he needs to go in and do his thing.

No biggie, really. It's my left shoulder and I'm right handed. So, this won't affect my ability to rapidly lift cans of cold malt beverages.

When we're done, Tony, I'll show you mine if you show me your's. :P

Well I hurt my back back in 2000, they threatened to kick me out if it didn't get better so I said it was (somewhat better at least). well it started acting up, to make a long story not as long, I have to have surgery.

The physical therapist wrote in my medical records that I didn't put forth enough effort, the Doc thought I was trying to get out of our new physical training program but set me up with a MRI (I think just to get rid of me), low and behold I have a ruptured disk. I no for a fact it has been this way since 2000 (it was worse than). oh well its on there dime.

I'm no superman...

Yes, we know :lol:

... but my bat-calender said there were 31 days in July  . Superman if you can't remember the little rhyme and you don't have a COOL utility belt, try using the knuckles method i.e. knuckles are 31 days, valleys are 30 or less.

You just had to go and poke around my post, didn't ya?

No, "I commend you on your enthusiasm...way to get someone to get busy...I wish you well...", from you. But that is expected. I'm used to it by now, Batman. :P

Your calendaristic prowess is quite impressive.

I commend you, sir.

And hope everything goes well in your surgery, Batman.

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.....when you're scaling the walls of the city with your graplling hook, use your legs, rather than put all that pressure on your back.

Take it easy.

Haven't been as busy as I should have the last couple of days. (Spending time with family, as well as my best friend that is leaving for NY)

I've sent out a LP advantage-type letter to the lady with the 2 MHs and 4 acres of land.

For tomorrow, I'm going to call every seller that has called me in the past year, that I had passed on or that weren't motivated enough for something creative. Also, I'm going to "warm" call some FSBOs in the newpapers.

Heh, I had one seller call me tonight.

The call woke me up, so I wasn't "all there." :D

Seeing I had a challenge to live up to, I failed to introduce the idea of a CA over the phone.

Instead, I only got the his 1st name, address and phone #. :D

One of the 1st things out of his mouth was his asking price: $60,000.

So, I'm going to have to call him back and pull what I did on a previous call.

I'm basically going to gather more info, dig out his motivation for selling, and ask him if he's interested in getting more $$$....then taking things from there.

Lesson of the day: Be prepared to take those calls!

Jason,

That's great. One thing to consider; make sure you treat this like a business. You're CA is your only goal and your service. Keep that in mind when you're talking to people. Sure, you can go for the big dollars of a SLO, but keep it simple and go for what you know.

That will keep you focused.

Regards,

Adam

I agree Adam...it is my intent to treat this as a business.

I'd be cheatin' myself as well as my sellers and buyers if I did anything short of that.

I'm going to start chanting, "CA CA CA CA CA CA CA......." everytime before I go to sleep, so I won't make the same mistakes again. ;);)

I do get to thinking too much though, when the phone does ring.

I KNOW sub2s and CAs...I don't do SLOs.

It's just a matter of me figuring out which "program" I want to offer the sellers when they call. To me, offering CAs can be more direct and flexible, as opposed to sub2s.

I mean, it's highly unlikely a seller is going to deed you a house while the loan is still in his/her name, over the phone. This is best and more effective face-to-face.

I guess the #s they give me will determine this.

Thing is, is that I cover different points and use different wording with each method, respectively when talking on the phone.

So, I was struggling with that (not knowing what I want to say, and eventually offering a seller a particular solution)

Do you know what I'm trying to say? :D:D

I've come to realize, it is better to let them talk and give me the #$, and then going from there, as to what solution I can offer.

It's now just what category the house & seller falls into. I can then determine what I will offer.

*Involved variables, but not limited to:

-- Bigger equity situations, more motivated seller, if I have the $$ for holding & higher comfort level: sub2

-- Smaller equity, less seller motivation, fixer properties, less than desired locations, & a lower comfort level (on my behalf): CA

But, seeing that I've issued this challenge...it's pretty evident at this point & time.

Ok,

I thought I would update ya'll on my efforts in this challenge.

1) Spoke with a homeowner the day before yesterday and mailed her some information. I plan on following up today to make sure she got it. There's actually a chance this one will go sandwich...she is fairly motivated and doesn't want to deal with tenants. Anyway, I got this lead from an agent that I've been speaking with. She actually has mentioned my name to a few clients of hers who's homes aren't selling.

2) Spoke with an investor yesterday about doing CAs on her investment properties. Found her by emailing a FOR RENT ad online while looking for comparable rents in the area. She has just started out buying fixers and is in the market for someone to fill them. I've been down this road before (working with other investors) so my guard is up...however, this could be a good source if done right.

3) I'm continuing to place my door hangers on just about every FSBO and FRBO I see. I'm getting about 1 call for every 5 door hangers...so that's not bad

4) I just placed an add in the paper to continue to build my T/B database...inspired by Adams recent post. I like the idea of getting the T/B first...then finding the house.

5) Also, this agent I mentioned above told me her firm also buys pre-foreclosures and pays handsomely for referrals. I'm planning on starting a specific marketing campaign to find pre-foreclosure properties. A steady income from just finding these deals would be pretty nice...plus who know's I may keep some for myself

Well that's about it. I keep you all posted how everything turns out.

Guest guest101

I read through this post but could not find what's CA stand for,?

can someone explain what is CA?

thanks

I read through this post but could not find what's CA stand for,?

can someone explain what is CA?

thanks

CA = Cooperative Assignment

You basically are setting up a Lease/Purchase deal and then assigning your contract for a fee.