The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jason (AL)

New challenge

I had to get the POA signed and notarized (I all ready got the l/p signed and notarized....I will Probably fix and flip for 40k. Like I said before you can't get a pretty house on l/p here bet I can make um pretty. With relatively little expense and sell quickly. Soon I will l/p these after fix up. The l/p don't come to quick but as you (Steve) are doing we will by conventional (discounted price) and l/p.

Also I did find a pre 4closure web site for my area.

Awesome! another possible 40K! Excuse my French, but damn that's sweet.

It doesn't take many of those to be sitting pretty. And as MichaelC would say, "It's a beautiful thing, a beautiful thing."

Keep roll'n Tony.

<S>

ahhhh......drool.......drool.......drool

nah I would have to pay to much taxes :P:lol::lol:

OK Adam OK- :lol:

Look, I just got off the phone with a possible CA or Sandwich. Seller is motivated and flexable. Price 189K FMV 230K to 240K. Easy going seller.

Now we didn't have to close the CA deal by today, just find a CA for this challenge. :lol: Right? :lol:

If I can close this deal with the seller in the next few days, I think I should be able to squeak in and have met this challenge. :P

Hey come'on there is always a slacker at the end trying to bend the rules a little. :P

<S>

Two CA's under contract...one fell through after review by her attorney the other is being marketed as we speak.

Thanks to Jason for starting this whole thing; I think is gave us all a little boost in motivation...at least it did me anyway.

Hey all,

I would like to finalize this challenge and move on so things can get back to normal. But, that's always hard to say after a challenge. I missed the challenge by 2 deals (Picked up the last one on the 31st) I only picked up 8 during the one-month challenge. That's still not bad for me, but it taught me that CAs can easily pay the bills. We worked on over 23 deals last month (Including the 8 CAs), but the irony is that the CAs were the bread and butter for the month and the only ones I closed and got paid for. The other deals are looking to get closed this month, or shortly thereafter. (They are short sales, consulting and cash deals) I only closed 2 CAs during the challenge, but that was more than enough to take care of my bills.

Moral of the story: You can do all the different kinds of deals you want, but CAs are gravy and can (From contract to close) get you paid faster than anything i've seen so far.

I encourage all of those who have made the challenge to continue persevering to the next deal and so on. That is where you will really be challenged to see how disorganized you are and what needs work. It's a great experience and no, the butterflies don't just "go away". I don't think they ever do. :P

For those who didn't make the challenge, I also encourage you to think hard on what you have learned from "not making it". That is how I got started in REI. I failed more than one challenge before I got my first deal. You may think you can't do it because of this failure, but trust me; it's the failure that was the reason for the challenge.

And to answer Gary's earlier question, I got my first deal when I asked my self what it was "I" wanted to do? I also asked myself what "my” version of success was? That answer was simple, but more like an image. A child.

I just don't want to grow up, and REI has made that happen.

I hope everyone has at least learned something about himself or herself from this challenge. That's what it's all about.

Regards,

Adam