The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
-Tony-

?Working with a agent?

Spent the day with my agent today.

Well My Agent wants to have a copy of my l/p agreement. she thought it was cool. She questioned the legality for VA, I told her my attorney looked it over (just glanced over it) and said it's fine. With the added protection of my POA w/ an interest it doesn't really matter what the lease says really... ;) She is hooked on buying (now L/P) flood houses, and weaseling around so they don't have to be lifted then renting them out. She wants to do these her self, after what I have told her.....hmm....could work out.....

I through out the Idea of expired listings, when she gave me some comps I noticed an expired listing on it....we do have them here... :rolleyes: Very few and far between but what the heck. splitting the option is not a problem. She is talking about starting her own place and hiring a broker????? So she needs some startup capital.

got to go the wife is holerin'

I, personally, am staying away from realtors for the time being.

I don't want to educate them on the various, creative ways in buying and selling houses.

Unless, I could get something as a trade-off (which the only thing I would want is leads and access to the MLS).

With what I'm doing, I'm not in need of the MLS.

And I doubt after showing them the "ways," they're gonna be sending me any leads... :rolleyes:

So, the trade-off for me would be more beneficial to the realtors.

As a result, I'm keeping quiet with my wisdom to myself...especially with realtors. :ph34r:

Tony,

I think working with an agent is your own personal preference. Sure, they can be a pain, but they can help quite a bit too.

Heck, I had a really cool one start working in my office with me last week! "one of Wendy Patton's". MCs' gotta love that one.. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Adam

Adam,

Nobody listens to superman anyway....I have other things besides L/P's I am doing with her (keep it clean) i.e home for me, flips and fixer flip$....CA's hopefully

Adam what do you pay your realtor associates?

Tony,

Funny you reply now. I got back from showing a house at 3:15, (And taking a nap :) ) and while I was there a Realtor called me and brought me three properties LO to look at. The Realtor that I work with in my office is doing a short sale for us and I just made a CA offer to a listing agent that our clients liked their house. I guess this is "Realtor" week.

I pay them what we negotiate and what's fair for everyone. If it's a cash deal they get what they negotiate with the listing agent if there is one. If it's a CA, I try to get them at least $1K up front and have them get at least 3% on the back end when the T/B purchases.

The most important thing is to help them limit their liability. There's no reason they need to be taking too much liability for doing their job. There are still bugs to work out, but I'm sure we'll get them taken care of.

Regards,

Adam

Sign in to follow this