The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jaydub

Memorandum of option

Hey everybody,

Can someone tell me if it's necessary to get the optionors signature on the Memo of option before recording it? I see the one in MC's manuel has a signature line but I've seen other memo's that didn't need the sellers signature or a notary. Which is more beneficial, them knowing or not knowing you are recording the option? Or does it really matter?

Thanks for your time

JayDub

My attorney said get everything notarized for safety. Hey its probably free at your bank

Jaydub,

As long as they have signed the option (of course) getting it registered is just up to you. Sure, you can get it notarized, but it's not necessary. But, for some reason getting things notarized may make you look more professional to "novice seller eyes". :)

Regards,

Adam

PS Tony's right, notaries CAN NOT CHARGE for what they do. You'll find them in banks, grocery stores, weddings and children’s parties. :D Okay, the last two may be not so realistic…..

JayDub, whether or not a recorded document requires notarization is up to the local office where that document will be filed. Some locales require notarization to record, while others don't. Call your local county office and inquire as to their procedures for this.