The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

"This Stuff Won't Work In My Area.....

Not a week passes that I'm not contacted by someone who tells me their local market is too hot, that homeowners have no need for anything other than all cash buyers, etc.

Well, I reside in one of the hottest real estate markets in the country. And there is no shortage of creative type deals being done, by me and by the hundreds of other investors that seem to overrun Florida.

This is year five of record setting sales and appreciation rates. The most recent stats were released yesterday, and the article can be read here.

My point? This stuff does work........everywhere. Just because your local market is strong, doesn't mean every individual homeowner in it is, too. But, we have to work. Deals won't come to you and fall into your lap. We need to speak with homeowners and make offers!

OK, rant over......but I received three emails yesterday from folks I don't know telling me that my site is nice, the board seems cool, but "this stuff won't work where I live". :P I needed to vent a bit.

Here is my rant,

The girl at 7-11, (her hubby is in the USAF), over heard tell my old neighbor that I just sold a house, (signed the contract). Well, she pops of the one you just bought? I said yes. She said where was it located? I told her. Oh, WE looked over there but didn't like the neighborhood, (in a snooty tone). She asked what we bought it for and then what we sold it for. I told her 46k and 97k. She said, still with a nasty attitude, but how much did you put into it? I said 5k with closing costs and everything. A couple of times in the conversation she made the comment that my wife watches too much late night tv.

The whole time she just thought that I was stupid for doing it. I felt like saying listen here you stupid @!%0@ I am not the one working at 7-11. Nothing against her job, I met my wife when she worked at a convenience store.

I guess it is ignorance that chaps my hide. Telling me I can't do something I just did. Oh well, I will copy the closing check and carry it with me for nay sayers......

On the other hand, at least your wife CAN AFFORD to watch late night tv, whether or not she does.... because your wife has a husband that does silly things like make money with real estate! :P

Thank you for posting your rant!

The fact that this happened AFTER you profited demonstrates there is no point in bothering with people like that...except to be thankful you're not like them!

It also shows how much those who would shoot you down are out of touch with reality!

Thanks again!

Alice

Adam,

You keep alluding to the dry two years before you took off with your career. Would you please share what made the difference for you? What was the reason you suddenly began doing well when, before, you weren't?

Gary

Balls

I got a pair of those, but I think the wifee has them. ;):unsure:

I knew you guys would understand

So, gentlemen...what's my excuse...

option8

Is there a ex-Option8?

It's in the works...

Did you keep his?

I'm doing quite well without them, thank you very much!

option8

How long before Jason enters the fray over here??

Did somebody say "balls"?

Is there a ex-Option8?

It's in the works...

So.......uh.........you live in Ohio, right? ;)