The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mr2monster

24 hr recorded message

Who do you use? Is this something i should be looking for locally? For some reason i am having trouble finding something i think will work.

how much do you pay? monthly? Per call? is it 1800 or local number?

How many messages will your box hold at any given time? How many calls will it answer simultaneously? How long can your greeting be?

Sorry to overload with questions but I would really like to get something set up but everything seems to be around 25 bucks a month, per line and it doesnt seem "worth" it for what they are offering me..

Hi MrMonster;

I'm new here and new to LP, but I'm looking forward to learning!

I've been investigating 800 numbers as well. One that I like and think I may use is from this company. http://www.kall8.com

Take a look and see what you think.

Good luck!

J

If you are at the stage where you are looking to do your first deals with sellers, save your money. In the beginning, unless you are doing lots of outside marketing (ads, mailers, signage) you won't be getting any calls....as in "none."

It's much better to put resources towards nice cordless phones, unlimited long distance, a headset, a way to manage your call lists and a comfortable chair.

This could change when you begin searching for T/Bs; depends on your market. I would wait until an 800 service is an answer to something rather than an unnecessary monthly expense.

Oh, and speaking of prospecting calls, I actively skip 800 numbers. Nothing screams "I just attended a real estate seminar" and/or "Sharks!" louder. :lol:

Dan

hmm, maybe I'll just go get a dedicated unlimited minute cell phone.

How do you handle your calls? My current plan is to target buyers first, that shouldnt be too much of a problem here... all the agents here are complaining about having TOO MANY buyers. This way i can walk into a deal and have prospective TB's to show the house to. Hopefully someone matches up.

I was thinking about having a buyer line, and a seller line, jsut to make it as automated as possible. then i could match up TB's with homes that are interested.

Buyers wont be my problem i dont think.. Finding motivated sellers is where the trouble will be.

It sounds like your market is like most in the U.S. Buyers are easy. Concentrate your efforts on finding sellers and get a property under control.

Dan

Speaking of which, what do you use to manage your call lists? What do others use?

I am in the process of hiring a girl to manage my list. Each Sunday I go online and pull down about 170 FRBO classified ads for my area. About 20 of those are duplicates and another 50 or so were there the previous week. I have used MS Access to clean it up week to week but that is excrutiatingly boring and time-consuming for me. Just gimme the list!! :lol:

I don't even read or use the descriptions, all I need is the number.

Dan

My thinking on this is along the mindset of what Dan has written. No need to start laying out money when it isn't yet necessary. Most of us can start our business with a telephone and little esle. The bells and whistles can come later on. Get good, then get big.