The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Sample CA Referral Letter

Hey all,

I am proud to share this to show what an actual referral letter looks like. And yes, they gave me permission to post it.

This also shows just how easy and rewarding this business can be. I talked to these people the day Jason and I talked about doing the challenge and signed them up as my first CA for that challenge. I still haven't asked for a referral letter from the tenant/buyers, but I'll do that next week while I hook them up with my broker. I advocate that everyone try to get a referral letter as soon as they close a deal. This helps build credentials and trust for future deals.

Regards,

Adam

August 14, 2004

To whom it may concern,

I would like to tell you a little bit about our situation and how Adam King of Mosaic Property Solutions was able to help us. We own a two bedroom, 1 bathroom bungalow on a crawl space in south Redford. We put our home on the real estate market starting in November 2002 and after little action in three months time we took it off the market because we were expecting our son to be born in January. We put our house back on the real estate market in May 2003. We switched realtors after six months of only minimal action. We had two people interested in the purchasing with the last realtor, but the deals fell through and we were once again at a loss. We had in the mean time made an offer on our new home and had only a month left until we were to close on the house and gain possession. We were in a situation where we were going to be faced with having to pay two mortgage payments if we couldn’t get the old house to sell.

We called Adam King of Mosaic Property Solutions on June 30, 2004 and spoke to him about what he could do for us. He was very informative and professional on the phone and answered all of our questions in depth. He offered to e-mail us all of the legal documents and answer any questions about them that we may have. He even urged us to have an attorney look them over to ease our minds and make sure everything was legit. I must admit that we were a little skeptical about the whole process, but Adam’s reassurance and professionalism helped us out a lot. Adam was very prompt in scheduling to come out to our house that Friday to sign the paperwork. He explained to us that he would put a sign in the yard and show the home to perspective renters and give them the option to purchase. He told us again that he was not a realtor and was only acting as a spokesman for the home. We signed with him on July 2 and on July 16 we got the call that he had found a renter with interest in purchasing. Adam did in fourteen days what a realtor couldn’t do in over a year! We were saved from having a double house payment and finally had someone interested in the house! The tenant/buyers were eager to move in as soon as possible so we ended up closing only one week after they had initially looked at the house. We actually did the closing right at the picnic table in the backyard of the house! He was very thorough in going over all of the paperwork to make sure that everyone was in agreement and understood it. Even though his part in renting out the house and getting them financed was finished he still offered us the chance to call him anytime with any questions. We are very happy with the decision that we made to go with Adam and would have no doubts about doing it again. He is a very honest, kind, and knowledgeable businessman who was easy to trust with this type of a big decision. Thank you very much to Adam for his help!

Sincerely,

Lino and Jill Bugeja

Wow.. I'll be after one of those for sure..

Hey, just a question about the letter.. When they say "tenant/buyers were eager to move in as soon as possible so we ended up closing only one week after they had initially looked at the house. We actually did the closing right at the picnic table in the backyard of the house! " referring to the "closing" are they talking about closing escrow? or closing a deal? Do you put your properties into escrow at teh beginning or the end of the transaction?

Sorry if I'm getting off topic.

Mr2Monster,

She was referring to the "lease option" closing. We dispursed the funds and they moved in. They have 12 months to get a mortgage and "close" on the property and it will be their own.

Regards,

Adam