The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
murphy

I have Judgement...now what?

I have a $3000 judgement on some deadbeats who skipped out on their lease. They still reside in the area and are still employed. How would I go about collecting on this? They don't have much but both work and she is a nurse in a treatment facility so makes around $35K annually. Do I just turn them over for collection, or?

Hi, Murphy, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

I think much of what you can do to collect depends upon your location. The State you reside will have specific laws concerning what you can and can't do.

Murphy,

Sorry to get in on this so late...been in Europe trying to find myself. :lol:

The Naked Italian is correct, this is a state law issue. A judgment in and of itself may not do the trick...that is, get the $ out of the deadbeat's pocket and into yours. :D

You may need a writ of execution or some other legal order...best to check with a local attorney. The last thing you want to do is something improper that will give the bad guy a reason to sue you. :)

I know this sounds like a Lawyers' Full Employment Act, but...well I guess it is. :blink:

Good luck,

Mike P. B)

The Legal Eagle