The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
R/E Possibilities

Getting someone else to do the work for me

Between working a full time job, taking care of my young kids (age 3 and 5), and domestic activities it is challenging to make the time to do this lease option business.

Has anyone hired someone to do some of the activities, such as sending out emails to for sale by owners, calling landlords, etc? Any tips on how to go about finding people to do this and how to train them?

Thanks

Ed

To shorten your time on emails use the "bcc," or blind carbon copy feature. On your phone calls to FRBOs & FSBOs, you can shorten your time by first asking if it's available and then "would you be interested in selling on a lease purchase?" 30 seconds to no, maybe, or yes take my house!

Adam King is the expert around here at getting others to market for him. I don't think he spends much money, if any, on advertising. (I could be wrong.) Hopefully he'll chime in here on how he does it.

Kim

Another idea, Ed, would be to hire someone on a part time, flexible basis to help you as needed. I have an "employee" who assists me with the administrative tasks on an as needed basis. Paperwork and organizational stuff, mainly. She works out of her house, (she's a stay at home mom), and is happy to have found me, (and I her!). For example, once a week I'll have her make calls to FSBO's and FRBO's. In addition to her hourly pay, I give her $500 for every deal I get from a call or contact she initiated.

Yes, this is a great idea. I've been thinking of having someone go through the classifieds every week and pull out all the FSBO and FRBO adds, dump the key contact info into a spreadsheet and send it on to me.

Since it's all over on the internet, the person could be anywhere.

In fact.... anyone here know someone who would like to make a few extra bucks have them PM me! :D

thx

James

Oh, one more thought on doing things faster. I'm just getting started but also have a couple of young children and a more than full time job so efficiency is important to me!

For my emails I've been using Microsoft Office to print merge to email. It's very easy. I just make a spreadsheet with one column for the link to the property (I get them online) and another column with the email address. You can track other things in the XLS if you want as well.

I then created a merge document that merges the link into the email and it then sends all the emails at once. They all are customized with the specific link of the property, so that when they reply I know which property they are talking about. After I collect the emails it takes less than five minutes to send all the emails.

Fast and easy!

James

For example, once a week I'll have her make calls to FSBO's and FRBO's. In addition to her hourly pay, I give her $500 for every deal I get from a call or contact she initiated.

Michael,

Can you give us an idea of how you trained this person to handle the calls. I've been thinking of doing this, but have be struggling with the training and competence issues. Most importantly, how does the employee approach the seller? I.E. "Hello, I am calling on behalf of an investor in the area????"

Thanks in advance for you insight.

-V

As always Vito, my approach is to simplify matters to the extent that I can. My goal with her is to eliminate the absolutely-positively-not-interested crowd. She says something along these lines:

"Hi. My name is Maria and I'm calling on your ad in the paper. Would you be interested in selling your property with a lease purchase?"

If there is interest expressed, or questions asked, she explains that she is calling on "my associate's" behalf, and that I would be happy to call this person back. She then emails me the info, and I'll take over from there. She's not closing deals, she's not explaining the intricacies of lease purchasing. She is simply screening prospects for me and getting through the newspapers each week. There's gold in those ads usually, and I don't always have the time to do so myself. This works out fine for me.

Michael, how much do you pay your assistant? I know it varies from area to area, but please give me a rough idea. I am thinking $10 and hour.
$10/hour is what I pay her. She averages about 16 hours per week for me.

Guest Guest

Give the script to the wife, mother, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc for starters. I would think that if they were "into" your project and could somehow reap benefits down the road, they might do it just to help and get your investing career off the ground.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll be asking the wife tonight !

:lol:

Sold !

Give the script to the wife, mother, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc for starters. I would think that if they were "into" your project and could somehow reap benefits down the road, they might do it just to help and get your investing career off the ground.

Good ideas Sold.

Another idea might be a teenager who's always wanting some extra cash.

Kim